Isaac
Years ago

Harrower rejects Bendigo Spirit offer

BERNIE Harrower wants to stay on as head coach of Bendigo Spirit in the Women's National Basketball League club for the 2015-16 season.

Harrower and the board are at loggerheads about his role.

Bendigo Spirit chairman Greg Bickley issued a media release this afternoon stating Harrower had rejected a new coaching deal leaving the club with no option but to look elsewhere.

Harrower only learned of the announcement through the Bendigo Advertiser and declared he had offered to coach for a "significantly lower fee" until the club was in stronger financial position.
Mr Bickley said the club had no alternative but to look elsewhere for a coach for next season.

"Bernie provided the Spirit with a counter offer we simply can't afford," Mr Bickley said.
Full story

Topic #36837 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

How much does a coach get in the WNBL?

Reply #523595 | Report this post

Go for it  
Years ago

Wow, have a look at the Bendigo Spirit Facebook page, Crazy!!!

Reply #523603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fans are in an uproar over it and the way Bernie has been treated, good on em.

Reply #523606 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I have to admit that reading the Spirit facebook page over the past few days has totally cleaned me out of popcorn. It's pretty tragic really, yet I can't look away.

Reply #523609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what's tragic about people complaining about the board/management?

Reply #523611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

611, if you're not sure what's tragic, then you're obviously not a very good reader.

It's an absolute train wreck over there.

Reply #523619 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I am eternally indebted to Dunkin' Dan for showing me the way via his post. I too have just enjoyed the Spirit's facebook page. All I need is a big lounge chair and someone to bring me a beer.

Reply #523620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not more than the Board want to pay

Reply #523633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#611 here.

While I get that being put out in a public place isn't right of course with the comments.

But I was meaning just fans complaining in general, I dont see anything wrong with that they just want their voices to be heard against an idiotic board.

Reply #523648 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Out of pure morbid curiosity I went to check out the FB fun armed with popcorn and drinks but I can't seem to get anything to load on it? May be just me....

Reply #523699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to see here folks! Anyone want to buy a hot jam donut?

Reply #523704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a train wreck. All parties need to take a look at themselves. How to destroy a strong brand in basketball in the space of a few short weeks. Put your egos aside, get it off social media slandering and work together to save a proud basketball franchise for a great regional city

Reply #523749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754