Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Pioneers miss SEABL finals

Courtesy of a Mark Nash/Anthony Stewart led Hobart victory on Friday night, and a Mt Gambier loss last night, the Pioneers will miss the finals by 1-2 games.

Rumours abound (according to the local paper anyway) that Kurt Russell and Damian Anderson will return next year. If the Pioneers can retain Dallas Jeffree AND re-recruit these guys, could be a big 2006.

Topic #3684 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard they were recruiting you moses and vidmar and northener

Reply #42909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AIS aren't playing in the finals, does that help them?

I can't even remember if they are in the same pool.

Reply #42918 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

i get to the mount a few times a year. dont think sonya will suit me for a handful of games though. she could fly me in the way they did dixy.

Reply #42922 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

AIS are in the opposite conference. As for my recruitment ..... if Vidmar made the move 500km, I'd make the 2km trip to the Icehouse. Sounds like a fair deal!

Reply #42935 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Speaking to Kurt himself he said that it's all rumours and he's definitely not coming back next, but he does try to keep his cards close to his chest.
Looking at Anderson's position as well, I doubt very much that he'll be coming back. Him and his wife were on a pretty good wicket in the mount so they wouldn't have left to go back to Brisbane for peanuts so I don't think they'll be coming back either.
I think it's all just hype that the Journo made up to sell TBW's!!!

Reply #43021 | Report this post

Enforcer  
Years ago

Damien made it known to BMG that he was quite upset at the article and that a visit to friends could be so badly misconstrued.
Although it would be handy to have someone for the refs to hate and leave Sedlock alone. Panther any free Friday nights next season?

Reply #43138 | Report this post

Road Warrior  
Years ago

See the Pioneers web site Bulletin board for some interesting feelings of the locals towards the "great" Border Watch Newspaper, or should that be Warder Botch?

Reply #43488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754