Russell's 11 rings in 13yrs
Klays 37pt Q
Bulls 72-10
Big Os tripple dub year

Thoughts? Feel free to add

Topic #36850 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Klay's 37 will drop when someone hits 40 in a qtr.

Reply #523813 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

100 points and 55 rebounds seem to me to be impossible to break - I don't think we'll see one guy be so dominant compared to everyone else given the professional nature of the NBA now versus back then. Everything else I could see falling, although 11 rings in 13 years would be tough in the age of the salary cap... possible I guess if a team wins a handful in a row and lucks out to draft the next big thing.

Reply #523814 | Report this post

Wilt  
Years ago

There is a possibility that Wilt's 100 point record may be surpassed in the future. But the 55 rebounds will remain untouched.

Reply #523816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see the 55 rebounds record going anytime soon.
Add Abdul-Jabbar's all time points to the list I don't see anyone getting that.

Reply #523818 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

ESPN did a calculation 2 days ago on LeBron and there is a good possibility he will pass Abdul-Jabbar's points record.

Reply #523825 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The 100 is more breakable than you think. Kobe had nearly 70 points in only 3 qrtrs that same season he got 81. People overlook that...

Reply #523829 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stockton's career assist total will be very, very tough.

Wilt averaging 48.5 MPG in 1961/62.

Wilt averaging 50+ PPG for a season.

I think the Bulls' 72-10 could fall if a team went after it. Warriors are hardly loaded with big name stars, but could still go 69-13. Star-studded teams (Heat, Cavs, etc) could do it if they got the formula right and didn't rest anyone.

Reply #523851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, Kobe didn't come close 81 is still a fair way off 100 (25 a quarter, every quarter) and it's unlikely we're going to ever see a situation where one player is allowed to hog it enough at the expense of everyone else to get there.

Other than a Kobe/Iverson type teams have to go out of their way to get a player to a certain milestone like when Robinson got his 71 (they were all going to him on almost every possession) and like when Shaq got his 61 on his birthday (although you can't overlook the 23 boards he got too).

Personally I don't think there is much chance anyone will get near 81 again let alone anyone near 100.

Reply #523852 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You don't think Harden or Westbrook could do it if they needed to?

Reply #523877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pace is increasing and so are 3pt attempts.

I could see a player getting hot in a Rockets type offense and making 30 3s on like 40-48 attempts, add in fast breaks and fts. Extreme example, although it may be possible.

Reply #523880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think wilt will ever be beaten unless a team tries to go all out against a team like the 76ers. I think Durant could do it but the negative press it would get for maybe being unsportsmanlike if it's a blowout. Even Kobe got pulled when he was getting close.
And 55 rebounds, never again. Shooters are better and Wilt was a man amongst boys back then most nights.
If Jordan hadn't gone to play baseball and retired so early he could have matched Russells 11 rings. The only other way would be like a Robert Horry and keep going to a contender.
And people have been going nuts about Westbrook getting multiple triple doubles. Robertson averaged one for an entire season!!! Lebron would be the only one with a chance at doing it if he focused on it.
72-10 is definitely possible, imagine if one of the dominant west teams were in the East. ..

Reply #523885 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Spot on Isaac, credit where credit is due, Stockton was purely consistent and hardly missed games for his entire career and his assist record should be thought of in the same vein as those mentioned above.

I think the blocks record of 17 (I think it is) seems like the most likely record that we could see go and I wonder how long Ray Allen will hold the 3 pointers made record. Definitely need someone automatic to break that.

Fantastic seeing this post as it pays respect to Robertson and Chamberlain and Russell where they deserve it... On this site

Reply #524011 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Wilt scored 100 in a night...And then he played basketball!

Reply #524047 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Westbrook had 40 pts in the all star game in 20 mins.

I remember watching it thinking he could have had 80 that day!

I know D is not prevalent in these games but hes up against the best of the best.

Hes a scoring beast when he gets going!!

Reply #524337 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754