Topic #36863 | Report this topic

bb  
Years ago

Southern Tigers must be delighted.

Reply #524114 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

Excellent news!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Eagles for a great decision for all and for the game :)

Reply #524116 | Report this post

Nix 34  
Years ago

That's great.

Reply #524117 | Report this post

GREAT!!!!!!!

Well done Forestville..... You are not the new darkside now.

Reply #524118 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Obvious that MASSIVE social media campaign worked

Reply #524138 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Sharon Simons wouldn't dare show weakness and allow this, club decision or governing council finally pulling their thumbs out?

Reply #524140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Firestville? Are you kidding? They turned this into a PR nightmare and a saga which didn't have to happen (as proved by the fact they ended up clearing her).

Reply #524166 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

I think Forestville have proved a point in principle as they were entitled but have now shown integrity and respected Jess' position. (And I'm not from Forestville.)

Reply #524283 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Why not just say "we don't have to but due to everything you've done for the club we'll allow it". That way they don't make the whole thing a joke. Integrity would have been letting a captain and three time championship winner play where she wants despite the club not loving her decision

Reply #524287 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Integrity. I think you may need to rethink using that word and Forestville in the same sentence given their past history of unsportsmanlike and disrespectful behaviour toward the sport, opposing clubs and now their own players. Allowing this debacle to drag on as long and become as public as it did was completely unnecessary and a feeble flutter of once proud wings.

Reply #524301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to see all the complaining from clubs next year when forestville come along and pillage everyone's teams of their best players, the complaints about them over riding the by-laws put in place to protect clubs, I can see it now!

I guess the self promotor at southern will be giving himself a big pat on the back now

Reply #524309 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Forestville override the by-laws anyway so what will be different?

Reply #524314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What exactly did she have to apologise for before the clearance was granted? Always two sides to every story!

Reply #524511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woulds need to apologise for miss-using a bylaw to stop a club legend from finishing her career.

The entire rule was created to stop a coach moving clubs and taking half a team with them, not to stop players leaving an incumbent coach because they were being badly treated.

So common anon, we keep hearing two sides to every story, yet no one has been able to give another side other than it was a bylaw.

Reply #524527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is nothing wrong with the by-law. It protects teams and has an 'out-clause' for a club to allow movement to happen beyond the law.
Forestville's insistence on not using this power was the issue. Question is, had not a social media campaign storm brewed, would they have relented like they did? I doubt it.

Reply #524532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sorry - it was hardly a "social media storm".

A quick search shows #letjessplay was used a grand total of 6 times on twitter (5 of which were by the same person, a player at Southern no less) and 3 times on facebook (again, featuring the same player more than once).

And yes, I acknowledge this forum is a form of social media, but one thread that quickly turned into a Forestville bashing session, and ended with arguments about where a coach is allowed to sit, is hardly a PR nightmare.

Reply #524537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^anon

Was hardly a Forestville bashing. Was people pointing out the consistently low moral character from the coach.

Reply #524542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus an article in the paper...

Reply #524544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it begs the question....why not clear her in the first instance if you clear her down the track??

Reply #524545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it had nothing to do with Social media why was Jess asked as part of the agreement to clear her that she needed to request the discussion topic on this website to be taken down.
And let's not mention the forced apology!!!!
For what? Standing up to a Sharon Simons??? Or for wanting to leave because of her?
This whole saga has shown Forestville in their true light once again, at least now Jess can get on with her love of basketball and play the sport once again.

Reply #524548 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For the record, I obviously (given that the topic is still there, albeit moderated and locked) expressed my unwillingness to blanket-remove the relevant topic from the forum and have not heard from Southern or Forestville since.

I did not think that in this case blanket-removal was a reasonable request at all.

Reply #524557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The social media storm - from one person - an ex player who never got on the court, reckon she spent more time on here bagging the coach than she ever played for forestville!

Reply #524567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think yo will find that a number of people from a number of clubs have issue with said coach and ask Issac if a number of IP addresses used.

Keep trying to blame one person and don't look at the reasons that multiple people are interested in moving. When at seasons end you have more people leaving, you h=can blame that one individual again.

Reply #524569 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Well come on Anonymous, name the player behind it then?

Reply #524606 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Just searched Twitter, fair point.

Reply #524607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754