Not a diver
Years ago

8th spot in the West

Hey guys

I have been saying all year long (after KD & Russ went down early) that OKC wouldn't make the playoffs. I made a bet with a mate over it as well.

Until recently I thought it was over, BUT, the Pels are now 1/2 ahead and own the tie breaker 4-0 over the Thunder.

These are the games remaining for both teams & remember, the Thunder have to finish a game above New Orleans.

Pelicans 42&35:
@ Memphis
vs Phoenix
@ Houston
@ Minnestoa
vs San Antonio

Thunder 42&36:
vs Sacramento
@ Indiana
vs Portland
@ Minnesota

I think there is a chance some of the teams like Memphis, Houston & San Antonio may rest players against the Pels so they do get the 8th as the Thunder are still a scary team. What do you think?

Topic #36869 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

Grizz, Houston & Spurs still all playing for position so hopefully they don't.

Reply #524210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Thunder will get 45 wins and Pelicans 44.

Reply #524212 | Report this post

Not a diver  
Years ago

That's very true Dave! Good point

Reply #524215 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I make one occasionally.

Reply #524216 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

How about them Spurs, quitely the form team of the competition

Reply #524221 | Report this post

reddles  
Years ago

youre going for a dive mate!

Reply #524224 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yep. Spurs are definitely pulling a Spurs again

Reply #524225 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

GSW don't want to play OKC in 1 v 8 ;)

Reply #524227 | Report this post

Not a diver  
Years ago

NO!!!! Reddles LOL

Reply #524228 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I don't think OKC are scary at all, they have a 1 amazing triple double machine player, but they aren't any good. Would like the see AD in the playoffs so hopefully the Pels scrape in.

For the record I think its a Spurs title again, they have switched on and they're playing that beautiful team basketball again.

Reply #524240 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

You would rather play OKC if you were GSW as OKC are awful without durant, Ibaka and even collinson as they are so awful defensively its hard to fathom. GSW would put up crazy numbers against them but would be good to watch, pelicans would be a bit harder but GSW would still roll it in. Basically doesnt matter as GSW will beat either of them easy.

Reply #524251 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Ibaka is expected back

Reply #524254 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

OKC vs Indiana should be a big game. At this point, it's looking like whoever wins will make Playoffs and whoever loses will miss.
I'm backing in Indiana to win it.

Reply #524259 | Report this post

Not a diver  
Years ago

yeah Ibaka is expected back. That is the scary part - they CAN be very good.

Reply #524260 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Any team with a certain level of talent CAN be good this time of year, just don't see it being OKC.

Reply #524273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okc has a much easier run home . I think it will beGS vs OKC first round. I think the battlE for seeds 2 through 6 will Be interesting

Reply #524289 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Spurs could theoretically make second if they win the final 5 games, including beating Houston twice in a row.

However, that would likely have them facing off with Dallas first round which isn't ideal. In saying that, it would be advantageous in the event if it was a Spurs v Cavaliers finals series on the basis of home advantage

Reply #524300 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

I honestly think the more Westbrook's usage rate increases the worse the effect on OKC

Reply #524331 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The Kobe effect?

Reply #524344 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I don't think OKC will win, but I think they certainly can win IF it gets into a fast-paced, up and down, transition scoring type of game.

OKC can put 130 on teams no sweat.

If it turns into "scrimmage like", OKC can hang with them. It suits Westbrook, Waiters, Augustin, Roberson, Singler and mobile big men like McGary, Adams.

But if GSW can slow down OKC on offense, they will win.

Reply #524357 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The way GSW are playing they'd hammer OKC but playoffs are a different game all together

Reply #524368 | Report this post

Grizz21  
Years ago

You'd think GSW will be able to deal with OKC or NO with ease, don't think they'll sweep but they should get through pretty swiftly. All of the series' in the West, however, will be very interesting.

Reply #524552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit off topic but can anyone explain to me how the Trailblazers ended up in the 4th spot where both the Spurs and Grizzlies had more wins?

Reply #525071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit off topic but can anyone explain to me how the Trailblazers ended up in the 4th spot where both the Spurs and Grizzlies had more wins?

Reply #525072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won their division so the lowest a division winner can end up is 4th. It used to be the three division winners took the top three spots but there were a few years where a very poor team captured third because of that rule.

Reply #525078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks, don't like that rule at all though

Reply #525079 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754