Anonymous
Years ago

Big V previews and reviews

Has anyone else read these reports each week. Apart from giving very little information about what happened during each game has the person writing them ever heard of paragraphs.

It's just one big mess of a story you cant find a particular match.

Topic #36871 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Have you emailed them to politely suggest that paragraph breaks would improve readability of the write-ups? If you're encouraging rather than critical, they might take it on board.

Reply #524281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The way they used to do it broke each game down and was a lot better. I guess they must be time poor.

Reply #524295 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Useless info based on stating the obvious. Big V media is in decline. Stuff is not worth wasting your time to read pathetic crap.

Reply #524318 | Report this post

C  
Years ago

A league with 143 teams and 80 odd games a weekend stretched across 4 staff? I'd say they are time poor.

If you don't like what they are putting out, don't read it and don't talk sh** about it on a public forum.

Reply #524358 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

It begs the question, when staffing levels are so low that the quality can't be maintained, would it not be better to just drop most things until they get back to sustainable levels?

I know how hard they work, their effort is always appreciated by those who understand, however we will also understand if they just leave these reports until they get back to what we have been used to.

Regardless of opinion, they are making a token effort with what they have, I wonder how the recruiting for media people is going?

Reply #524360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real question is why is there so little staff when the league is so big?

Reply #524370 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

C.

That is a stupid response.

The forum is here to discuss things basketball.

Having said that a relative discussion is more appropriate. In times past with similar numbers of teams and game and maybe less staff the league has done a better job of this.

The previews are hard to read, content poor and frustratingly vanilla. We should be getting little tidbits like leading scorer per team, a couple of key team stats etc.

Reply #524398 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@ C

Freedom of speech and entitled to an opinion?

Pull your head in. If you don't like these comments stiff!!

People are entitled to express their thoughts - good or bad. We live in a democracy- perhaps you should move to Russia?

Reply #524400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All these points are valid but it doesn't answer the first question. It doesn't matter how bad they are anyone can press space bar on a computer for a paragraph. Did they finish grade 6

Reply #524422 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I think you'll find it's the enter key there Einstein...

Anyway, they're obviously hiring a media coordinator and filling in with what they can do until that goes through

Reply #524430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good on big v for changing the format of the previews. Credit where credit is due.

Reply #525297 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754