HarryHopeless
Years ago

U18 Nat Championships - BSA building excitement

We all know BSA is an exciting, dynamic, leading edge organisation. Well, who is enjoying the Facebook and website information coming out on the U18 National Champs by basketball SA? *sarcasm *

BV release box office film on their U20 Nationals this week and BSA, well....... crickets

http://www.basketballvictoria.com.au/index.php?id=102&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1060&tx_ttnews[backPid]=134&cHash=ca7d39672f

Even SA Country have posted stuff on their Facebook etc.

Didn't BSA appoint a media officer a quite a few months back.... Still learning the ropes????

Topic #36886 | Report this topic

Very Old  
Years ago

Yesm well that reminds me , I'm still waiting for a call back from that officer, a call I now remember I placed exactly 3 weeks ( - 5 hours) ago

Reply #524597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems Juniors have completely fallen off of BSAs new media and marketings job description and radar..

Nothing on Finals for Summer season, nothing on any junior related event full stop including up coming State Champs..

But news on events that are not occurring in SA and those long gone pops up on BSA FB. Completely offensive to the juniors and future of this state.

Looks like they are living in their own personal past and BSA only has Premier league and that is not as well produced and organised as last year..

Gobsmacking and amateur to say the least not to mention the state of womens and girls basketball with so few teams and poor division gradings that will ultimately see an increasing drop out rate due to inappropriate placement of teams. And what is going on with the Lightning and what was the purpose of that bizzare Surge sign up.

Other than State training and Scheduling, what they are delivering to the basketball community in SA. What initiatives have been implemented to increase participation and improve the quality of delivery ??? All I see is the slow breakdown of a number of clubs, school competitions and certain age groups are suffering because the assumptions that manipulating divisions and gradings will push players to other clubs or there needs to be a specific number of teams every year. All that is doing is breaking down communities and reducing participation numbers across the board. A more fluid and flexible approach is needed as every season is different so use Summer season wisely and adjust ideas to match the needs of that season year by year. Why be locked in to an inflexible scheduling plan. Time to meet the needs of the current teams.

I am a very very concerned observer.

Reply #524642 | Report this post

Years ago

girls numbers are ab0ut on par u18 div3 comes and goes. u14s are on par some seasons u12s and 16s have a div 4 but the comp committee are not rewarding achieving teams and players. the desperate ones live on a dream that new players will flock to their club with no effort other than enforcing the comp committee rule of 1 team per div per club.all i have seen is lop sided results in lower divs and more kids leaving rather than switch clubs.this rule is not keeping juniors in the sport.

Reply #524646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get excited, the SAM men won their first game over VC and did it in style.

Reply #524677 | Report this post

ACT vs WA Metro  
Years ago

Can someone post the box score for ACT vs WA Metro. When I try to view it, the formatting is messed up.

Reply #524678 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

yes my format is also hard to decipher as well for all games

Reply #524687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today we have 2 SA representatives in the player of the day nominations. fCountry Men Rathjen and Metro Men White.

Would think having 2 out of 5 reps being from SA for and Australian National Championships player of the day would be something to be excited about BSA !!!! Seriously. A media and marketing officer and thw organisation should be showing bloody passion. Take a look at Countries sites and see how its done. Get out and meet the members you are representing and show some interest.

Reply #524817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today we have 2 SA representatives in the player of the day nominations. fCountry Men Rathjen and Metro Men White.

Would think having 2 out of 5 reps being from SA for and Australian National Championships player of the day would be something to be excited about BSA !!!! Seriously. A media and marketing officer and thw organisation should be showing bloody passion. Take a look at Countries sites and see how its done. Get out and meet the members you are representing and show some interest.

Reply #524818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is on their face book page

Reply #524832 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754