Anonymous
Years ago

Hello BSA - anyone there ??

Just checked BSA FB and updates are 2 premier league stories.

3 out 4 SA U18 Junior National Championship teams have just won their first 2 rounds with many players featuring in the Overall Stats count and not a whisper on BSA media.

Disgraceful BSA

Topic #36891 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, see the post below "U18 Nat Championships - BSA building excitement".

Reply #524700 | Report this post

1-2-3  
Years ago

see what pops up during business hours monday. hopefully a roving reporter will send some updates

Reply #524710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is an issue. A 7 day weeknight and weekend business run by 5 day week day office in a day and age where 24/7 communication is the normal expectation and never the 2 shall meet face to face. May be time to change the working model. It can be to some employees advantage.

Reply #524716 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good post '716. Has to be an opportunity there to find a communications person keen to work afternoon/evenings five days a week, crossing over the weekend, while a more general 9-5 Mon-Fri person covers for the other two days.

Reply #524733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

710, Mon-Fri. 9AM-5PM. Hangon one sec... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

OK. Now, get in the real world. What kind of antiquated, ole' school world are you living in my friend?

Business is 24x7, especially in the global sporting industry that BSA staff choose to find themselves in.

Organisations sink or swim on the basis of this. Where is Kodak, my local video store, my photo printers, John Martins, the local bookstore etc etc? They are dead, finneto, bye bye blossom.

Get the technology and shift your mindset to be mobile, agile, real time and rapid or get out and take up crocheting or blacksmithing.

Most other state basketball associations seem to be fairly capable.

Reply #524736 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Isaac,
This is just a further indication of the lack of understanding/support provided by BSA, beginning at the top. All the CEO cares about is his job and not caring that the basketball supporters in this state need a better support service. Just look at the debacle in trying to keep the Lightning afloat. When people that care offer support they are either ignored or bypassed for someone who shares the CEO's vision or lack of.

Reply #524740 | Report this post

Antsy  
Years ago

Hey come on now. Be fair. The BSA CEO is very busy...on holidays for two weeks. Bye bye Lightning.

Reply #524749 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

I agree potential fans are put off through the lack of information. Premier League is far from it. Sporadic previews and reviews. Slow updating, Webcast/Box Score info missing, statistical delays & omissions (where are the rebounds, assists and blocks?).
And it certainly looks like Lightning has fizzled without a crackle.

Reply #524751 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's a shame. There was a time when ABL had good previews, good write-ups, great stats. I even ran a tipping competition.

Reply #524764 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Isaac,
IMO BSA don't care. The only way changes can occur is if the majority of clubs decide that a drastic change is required. However, the clubs either do not care, as well (too interested in their own problems) or are unwilling to take concerted action to improve things. Something needs to be done about the way BSA runs basketball in SA or we will end up with a fragmented and unwieldy state of affairs (or possibly we have already reached that level).

Reply #524768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just posted a single post with links and thats it.

Basketball SA Country are running post updates. More effort, more heart and sould despite the obvious lack of population. Well done Country.

Reply #524772 | Report this post

We all know it  
Years ago

Most clubs have an unpaid volunteer working harder than BSA in the social media dept. it's great to see Austral Sports Media doing Premier League videos, I really want to know if BSA originated and fund that or if it's some one in the scene offering their service free? I'm guessing the later, their promo stuff is pretty sweet.

I would love to see change occur at BASA oops I mean BSA

Reply #524915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think basketball was spoiled for long time when Paul Arnott was CEO.

Reply #524917 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That's a name we haven't heard for a while! I wonder how "Bikkie" is going? IMO, he was actually very good for BSA.

Reply #524948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and for all of you who slammed him when he was here. He was good for basketball and greatly missed.

Reply #524949 | Report this post

Greeny  
Years ago

Don't think this is also BSA. You could change this headline to Hello BWA - anyone there??

Reply #524952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

917, Arnie was not the CEO!!

Reply #524961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754