PJ
Years ago

SEABL Round Two

Looks like being a really close comp on the Men's side with Albury/Wodonga and Brisbane the only unbeaten teams after Round 2.

The Bandits were impressive again with wins over Bendigo at home and Nunawading on the road.

Good to see Canberra open their account with a win over Dandenong.

Geelong would have to be concerned after starting 1-2. Things don't get any easier this week with the Bandits coming to The Arena.

Certainly doesn't seem like there's going to be a dominant team this year which bodes well for an interesting season.

Topic #36930 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think home court advantage will play a big part in a lot of close games- and refs calls. looking at the Ballarat- Brisbane games stats- Brisbane won by 3, Ballarat won every stat except Free Throws - With Brisbane having 43 attempts to Ballarats 18- seems like a huge different. From the early form Albury/Wodonga would be current favorites but its a long way to go.

Reply #525516 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Albury-Wodonga lack depth which could hurt them if they pick up injuries to key players but their starting 5 is very good. It's a bit like their 2012 championship team in that respect.

Reply #525526 | Report this post

Steersy  
Years ago

Great to see vandenberg dominating the Seabl

Reply #525745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dominating the pine!!!!

Reply #525750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much more interesting than the NBL has been for quite some time.

Reply #525756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vandenberg is a spud

Reply #525764 | Report this post

Copper  
Years ago

hmmm i think the real spud here is you 525764

Reply #525777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha Anonymous comments saying vandenberg is a spud and their claim to fame is posting anonymous post bagging people on the forums lol

Reply #525778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahah tough dudes behind a keyboard, I would love to watch them say it to the big fellas face!!

Reply #525780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ditto.

Reply #525788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I ditto your ditto

Reply #525791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the dude is getting paid to play, he's gotta be open to criticism when he doesn't perform... Like he hasn't. Especially when he's a key piece. He isn't doing anything right so far.. No D, lost in plays, gets the the way, is a liability.

BUT. I hope this is just a bump and he can turn it around.

Reply #525793 | Report this post

Steersy  
Years ago

Definitely open to criticism when you say the NBL isn't a pathway to anywhere & then struggle at state league level haha

Reply #525813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the NBL is a pathway ? there is talk about folding etc etc

Reply #525825 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I struggle to see the NBL as a true pathway in its current situation. SEABL would constitute a true pathway for junior to progress through the ranks, but the NBL isn't cutting it for me...

Reply #525867 | Report this post

Steersy  
Years ago

Fair enough.. Newley, ingles, Golding, jawaii, all seemed to do pretty well & get some good euro gigs after bypassing college & playing well in the NBL at young ages.

Everybody has a different opinions I guess

Reply #525947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suppose you can go the freeway or down the dirt road up to you how you get there

Reply #525957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, as it currently stands SEABL is a more logical visible pathway for juniors than the NBL which sits as an Island isolated and removed from the sports governing body and direction.

Reply #525961 | Report this post

#aussiehoops  
Years ago

What if there was a viable exciting new leage introduced into the scene

Reply #526223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754