Isaac
Years ago

Hawks' Budenholzer wins NBA Coach of the Year

Seems fair to me? Great record with a very even squad.

Atlanta's Mike Budenholzer wins 2015 Coach of the Year, with 513 points. Steve Kerr second (471), Jason Kidd third (57).

Topic #36941 | Report this topic

Hoopster  
Years ago

Yep agree. I do understand why everyone under me will say Kerr was robbed though. In my eyes Golden State was never gonna win less than 50 games with their stacked roster and Atlanta were never meant to challenge for a top seed. Hence Bud rightfully deserving

Reply #525691 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I agree, good call.

No one expected Atlanta to be nearly as good as they have been.

Reply #525694 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Despite the talent that Golden State already had upon Kerr's arrival, I still had him penciled in to win CotY.

Nonetheless, it certainly couldn't be argued that Budenholzer didn't deserve the award. Both have done phenomenal work this season.

Reply #525702 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The Spurs Effect

Reply #525709 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Fisher was robbed!!!!!!!!!!! :)
He did exactly what Phil wanted, guaranteed the Knicks a top 5 pick.

Interesting how all the tanking talk in the media quietened down when it became clear that NYC and Lakers were tanking.

Reply #525712 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Hard to argue. It was him or Kerr, with Pop in third place.

Reply #525724 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jason Kidd ended up 3rd actually in the final results. Which all things considering is probably fair enough too considering they made the playoffs.

Reply #525740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quin Snyder did a great job with the Jazz this year as well

Reply #525746 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Yep!!
Kerr a closed 2nd

Reply #525805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McHale had a much better year than both Kidd and Stevens but it had to be between Kerr and Bud. Solid choice.

Reply #525812 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754