Annon
Years ago

What's happening in BSA land

Ok, one game of juniors in April 2015 would mean it could be a good time for some communication out of HO in BSA?

Let's see.......

Juniors winter fixture still incomplete, with most only going to around 5......why?
div 1/2 rarely change so what is the hold up?
div3 and below might have some lop sided games , but isn't that what promo/relo suppose to sort out?

State Champs......nothing.....no news, no nothing? .... No rankings . No nothing ???

All in a month when there has been one junior fixture in 30 days

Nothing on SportingPulse in the " news section"
Nothing to club land as most wouldn't have any faith in the timelines set by BSA.

So what is happening at HO at BSA.???

New stadium plans?

For an expensive sport, the communication plan needs to be better otherwise people will walk away and get better value for money......

Topic #36981 | Report this topic

Disgraceful  
Years ago

Accountability Zero.. Club's need to start demanding more from BSA.

BSA is a Morgue, Sarah added for fresh blood and probably already had the life sucked out of her by the rest of the zombies down there.

Cut the snake from the head. Time for change

It's time to go.... Mark

Reply #526375 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Simple answer. Nothing!

Reply #526377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only thing that is run more poorly than BSA is the clubs.

A bunch of Toothless Tigers who sit around a table every now and then and are unwilling to hold BSA to account.

Reply #526379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What would you like the Clubs to do anon? It's not basa they don't oversee the organization anymore. They have one seat of 7

Reply #526380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They also contribute over $1M to BSA.

I suggest that they start running their own competitions, like the structure was supposed to do, and use those funds generated to benefit the sport.

Reply #526384 | Report this post

i  
Years ago

Seedlings and pools are supposed to be released today according to email

Reply #526386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're on the website

Reply #526388 | Report this post

Years ago

well done !

Reply #526393 | Report this post

Years ago

how many games could a team expect over state champs ?

Reply #526397 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

the clubs should break away and start a new organisation, where the system will benefit the clubs and the players.
hey even give magic a chance to build instead of staying in the shadows of division 3 and below
rebuild stadiums and maybe even just fix some up

Reply #526423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha! clubs are too disjointed an politic you have to have people who will put in the hard yards and fight the fight, I don't see many lined up in any club to do that, what I do see is a load of people in many clubs ready to take aim and fire at others who try to do stuff. Why is it in society that those that do get worn out and jaded from doing majority of the work and yet get sniped at from all quarters for not doing enough, not doing it right, not doing their way. A few clubs failed to get presidents ie Magic, or have failed to change presidents because nobody would step up, ie Sturt. Norwood is a disgruntled club from the outside, Southern have had a major clean out and reshuffle. West who knows what is happening there and don't even discuss the Woodville debacle is there a club there anymore? IMO how can the clubs unite and start up a new association when they themselves can't govern themselves.

IMO trouble with BSA is the structure it is now run with the Commission. BSA Country and SA Church have a seat each on commission and the same two people have held those seats from the beginning if they vote together nothing happens often have to wonder if they take their thoughts back to their parent bodies or vote of their own accord. All other commission seats turn over every two to three years. It is an unwieldy and unworkable situation which is leading to roadblocks etc. Understand the problems then find a solution. But hey we are all just key board warriors with our own axe to grind and never want to look for a solution just bitch about the state of play.

Reply #526425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the clubs break away, they wont include Magic.

Reply #526432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakaway and go to where? No funding with any non affiliated org.

Reply #526444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What funding to the Clubs get now?

The competition is a huge money maker for BSA and the Clubs get zero in return.

I'm sure they'll cope.

Reply #526445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would have to ask BSA. Who knows what access to grants and funding they have that the clubs wouldn't even know about.

Reply #526449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs have access to all the same grants.

Again the competition itself makes the money, the grants basketball sa gets and basketball in general gets right now is minor in comparison.

Reply #526451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would need 70% of the clubs to make it viable then who's going to set up the infrastructure and organize everything. People tend to be small minded that even creating a program with 100s of teams and nearly a dozen venues is simple. I would bet a million dollars that hardly any of the people that moan about things on this forum even have anything to do with their club except to whinge instead of volunteering their time to help. If they did that they would have a better appreciation of what goes on.
Yes, bsa is far from perfect and needs more transparency but the only way I think to go is for the clubs to get stronger and more organized, not a village lynch mob marching on the dome with pitchforks and torches looking to burn a witch at the stake.

Reply #526464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood run their own 200 team tournament.

Wouldnt be much different.

Reply #526466 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

388 393 - they are last years state champs fixtures so no pats on the back please...….

Reply #526469 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Pools are up with 5th may close of business flagged as when draws will be up.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=3563799

that is cutting it way too fine IMO!

Reply #526481 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

how can it take so long for them to put up the state champ schedules?? if they have the pools out you would think they would be able to release the schedule in a day or 2 after
what are these people getting paid to do?

Reply #526575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They had some pools wrong and received some feedback from multiple clubs.

Reply #526576 | Report this post

Years ago

what pools are incorrect ? ours looked fine

Reply #526577 | Report this post

Years ago

seedings looked spot on

Reply #526578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fixtures in a day or two? Clearly have no idea what is involved. Plus they have their normal workload as well.

Reply #526579 | Report this post

mimas99  
Years ago

To the anonymous person who says SA Country and SA Church are a problem on the Commission understand they have 2 votes out of 7. There are 4 independents, 1 metro, 1 country and 1 church. That being the case how can they influence anything ?? My understanding is the two people from Country and Church have been on a long time are there because no one else is prepared to put up their hand and give of their time.

Reply #526592 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

normal work load? this what the feed is about anon
what is their normal work load? it doesnt look like much gets done at BSA ever! what do they have to do? like the first comment said in 30 days there has been 1 round of basketball played, you would think in 30 days they could of had the seedings done and prepared and completed the schedule for state champs!

Reply #526675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 round of juniors played

PL which they also manage has had 4 including Arena games
YL has had 4 rounds
Seniors has had 4 rounds.

Reply #526679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul you one of these deluded people who think just because juniors isn't happening that they are doing nothing.

State teams, senior teams, YL teams, Premier League, referees, coaching classes, they also run an ID program or two, plus work with councils on 3 on 3 programs in the burbs. Plus have a hand in getting Sudanese and chinese teams into social grade basketball. Then there are tribunals and answering the myriad of complaints clubs and parents have. then there is the changes in programs when clubs enter 4 teams thinking they have 35+ players in an age group to find out after nominations have closed and teams entered and programme released that they only have enough for 3 teams ergo programmes change teams and clubs to be notified. Then there are the clubs like Woodville and south changing their uniforms, then the players who require doctor cert and dispensation to wear body shirts or skins and the like. But yeah they don't do much only run one junior game in a month - oh but then again aussie hoops, mini ball, school holiday sessions. Nah they don't do anything but then again they apply for grants, hold meetings. nah they sit around and drink coffee and natter!

Me for one believe they are underpaid and overworked, I am a stakeholder and yes I get held up by lack of information etc. But I do understand what they go through and although I find it frustrating at times to the nth degree they are not always to fault.

Reply #526681 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

You need a doctors certificate to wear skins?

Reply #526723 | Report this post

i  
Years ago

If they are a different colour from the uniform and extend significantly from the shorts or singlet

Reply #526726 | Report this post

louuuuu  
Years ago

10 days until the state champs start.... still nothing...

Reply #527042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And no games for junior comps after this week either...

Reply #527043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calendar was clear as stated above, draft draw due tomorrow.

stop hating for no reason.

Reply #527048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah hating for hate sake doesn't it clearly say draw will be out on the 5/5 which is tomorrow not today

Reply #527069 | Report this post

Years ago

hopefully the junior comp committee will do a review of some teams grading after the first 5 rounds and reclassify - there are clearly some junior teams well and truly in the wrong div.

Reply #527070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what junior comp committee?

Reply #527071 | Report this post

Years ago

the comp committee be junior or for everyone

Reply #527073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no junior committee.

Despite their bylaws referring to this are requiring it, they haveny bothered having one this year.

Reply #527079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no competition committee of any kind despite their own governance referring to it. Hasn't been one for about 12 months. Previous Competition Manager couldn't be bothered going through applications, current Manager is too busy trying to understand how basketball works.

Same CEO, same promises, same failures and the basketball community continue to accept it.

Reply #527089 | Report this post

i  
Years ago

Surely you jest there is no comp committee ? We have been told stuff at our club 'the comp committee have ruled..... ' within the last 12 months

Reply #527110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there isn't one. if there is ask for names of the members

Reply #527111 | Report this post

lupe  
Years ago

how is it that the Juniors still dont have past round 5 up yet? and there is still 0 news about state champs?

are these guys getting paid to watch league pass all day long?

Reply #527150 | Report this post

the royal baby  
Years ago

they always have done the first few rounds and then the rest of the season. It is just saturday that isn't complete - and they do not play again until 23rd. Hopefully they will look at the gradings after state champs and realize there are some imposters in the higher divs and make some changes.

draw for state champs was emailed as coming out today, your JDO should have a handle on what is happening.

Reply #527152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State champs draw delayed until tomorrow.

Could have been done weeks ago.

Reply #527153 | Report this post

frantello  
Years ago

if the association doesnt hold upto its own standards and deadlines
how do we expect the clubs to keep up with them?
its like having a boss thats bi-polar and under pays you

Reply #527158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Association can do whatever they like. They're accountable to no one.

Reply #527161 | Report this post

the royal baby  
Years ago

how you know draw delayed ?

Reply #527173 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

because they said they would be out yesterday in a email
and they then sent a email yesterday saying that they will now be delayed until today

Reply #527227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Staff too busy monitoring this site?

Reply #527254 | Report this post

criss cross  
Years ago

as a coach i came on here to see if my club was just dogging me of the schedule but seems like others are in the same boat... can i please have the schedule now??

Reply #527284 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

good luck criss cross.. we are all not allowed to have plans or other things or family to consider. that would be complaining and being unreasonable for the keyboard warriors.. so inconsiderate of us all to want to plan what we are doing for 4 days next week. Can I get my daughter to her ballet, between my other daughters basketball game. Can granny get there to watch. Will I need to get my Thursday shift of work to take her to a game or will I need Friday off. Do I need to let the Netball coat know to get another player for Fridays game.

So unreasonable. And my favourite. Can I tell my friend I can go to her wedding but thats the week after state champs so that is asking a bit much. I am such a complainer, I really should be more tolerant of those people who are getting paid to work.

Reply #527287 | Report this post

criss cross  
Years ago

especially since mothers day is on this weekend, would be nice to have some if any info!

Reply #527289 | Report this post

ok then...  
Years ago

Really, do we have sooo much going on in our lives that we need to know if our kid will have a game 8-9 days from now.

Its not like State Champs is a surprise. Every Div 1 player is expected to be available as are a majority of the Div 2's

How about you assume they will have games, then if they don't its a bonus.

Can't see what Mothers Day THIS SUNDAY has to do with State Champs either.

Reply #527296 | Report this post

the phoenix  
Years ago

everyone has legit points here -

to the busy poster - you know they are on - just be patient.

to "ok then" - a date has been promised and people are planning on that - so their complaints are fair enough.

to the mothers day complainant - ?

everyone needs to bear in mind - it was probably easier planning D Day landings than junior state champs - so support our local comp / workers.

Reply #527297 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

So, why is it that some Age groups have 5 games and others 3 in the regular rounds. I thought it was minimum 5 games for minor rounds which meant less pools.

Reply #527314 | Report this post

ok then...  
Years ago

HOORAY...!!!

We can now get on with our lives as the draw is up.
(and only half a business day late than "expected")

Good luck to all teams involved and hopefully the netball, ballet and Nana's can all be accommodated.

Phew, thank god that's over

Reply #527317 | Report this post

the phoenix  
Years ago

should be 4 and 3 in minor round games not 5 and 3 - something wrong there.

Reply #527322 | Report this post

ok then...  
Years ago

Reply #527324 | Report this post

ok then...  
Years ago

Can's see why it would be any different this year. Some of the reserve grades have 13-15 teams so need 4 pools. Cant have that many teams in 2 pools. Hence only 3 round games. They do however play 3 rounds of "finals" as the first crossovers (qtr finals) are much like a pool game. At the end of the day you'll still be playing 5-6 games for the championship.

Reply #527326 | Report this post

visionary  
Years ago

cant work u12 g reserves out - centrals won summer in div 2 but went to div 1 over winter so they got 9th seed in state (didnt have a div 1 team over summer) - but kept no.1 seed in reserves ?

why didn't western magic nominate for state in u12g as well - they are winning easily in div 2 and often complaining here they want to play in div 1 - well this was their chance.

Reply #527389 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

visionary - magic are not an associated club so can not field a div 1 team - it is not allowed. They really should not be in state champs in my opinion.

Reply #527394 | Report this post

annonymous  
Years ago

some pools have 3 teams. while 3 other pools in same group have 4, why ??? the issue is with multiple teams from 3 clubs in one group, so they have changed the pools and hence the seedings are out the window to avoid club playing their own club. Can't see why they need to do this as it should not make a difference and makes a mockery of the whole seeding and credibility of the champs.

Reply #527395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was nothing stopping magic from nominating in state grade for state champs.

Broken hill aren't div 1 district and they have. No difference.

Reply #527416 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

guys lets just be happy we even have state champs

Reply #527479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jontron, why?

They're better off cancelling the whole thing then running it at a piss poor standard, and structure.

Looking forward to seeing all the green shirts refereeing over the weekend too!

Reply #527483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754