Anonymous
Years ago

U18 Girls Nationals

What a fantastic result for SA Basketball that the SA Country silver and Metro Bronze.

Why is there nothing on the Basketball SA website promoting the success of the U18 girls.
Using the result to help promote girls basketball in SA.
There was nothing mention when the teams made the finals.
Surely you would have thought that someone would speak the coaches prior to the final to get their thoughts and highlights and put on the website.

It just frustrates me that the governing body of basketball in SA is not proactive in doing anything to raise the profile of basketball in SA.
What is the marketing group doing. What about the CEO surely he has some vision to realise the success of the girls program is a highlight of the year to date.

Topic #36983 | Report this topic

Years ago

i support some talk up of their achievements as well - maybe another presentation at the premier league GF ? I thought that was good for the u16s last year. SA has a good group coming through and it is important they get some recognition for all the hard work the families put in.

Reply #526401 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

It's a great effort by SA.

The website stuff does piss me off, if there is one thing Basketball could do relatively cheaply is use websites/social media.

Reply #526418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

more to the point is that there will be nowhere for these girls to progress to, because Basketball SA dont want to get behind a WNBL Program

Reply #526435 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

perhaps BA should employ a full time communications and marketing professional ?

Reply #526436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they already do...

Reply #526439 | Report this post

MRT  
Years ago

Is the grandfinal available anywhere to view yet.

Reply #526462 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754