Anonymous
Years ago

Max Coady NBPA Camp?

I read an article on the apparent selection of Max Coady to participate in the next NBPA Top 100 camp. Why out of all players has he been selected? Fantastic player don't get me wrong, but to play in a camp such as this? good luck to him.

Topic #36997 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-4059-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=34422940

Good luck to Max Cody. Looks like he got nominated through the Andrew Bogut Academy.

Reply #526713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure he's a great player but I doubt he 'earned' a spot in the camp

Reply #526731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut Academy gets supported by the NBA. Same as last year where they had a spot to the Asia Camp in Taipei

Reply #526742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#731 above - on what basis do you make that comment? Have you seen this kid play? - do you know his game?
He is another of the deep crop of Vic. 1997 born players. Extremely deep group for talent.
Never made a state team yet dominated Big V youth league 1 as a 16yo last year.

Reply #526750 | Report this post

Smeta  
Years ago

Only played a practice match against the kid last year with a team I coached and have also seen him on a few other occasions.

Why staright away as soon as something positve happens in the BBall community is there people claiming it is shaddy or not "earned"

Perhaps start celebrating the good things that are happening to players in our sport.

Same waste of time haters will be on here complaining of how our sport gets no coverage or is a sport on the decline.

Congrats Max!!

Reply #526752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calm down Luke Sunderland :') ^

Reply #526823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calm down Luke Sunderland :') ^

Reply #526824 | Report this post

luke  
Years ago

Not me. But thanks for the anon shoutout. ;)

Reply #526828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Smeta, there is so much negativity in the basketball community. a kid makes a NBPA Camp and it is mainly negative. on other topics it is not how good players are, it is about who is going to get sacked. Never seen Max play or know him but congratulations.

Reply #526834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to be positive but not on this occasion.

The kid is pathetically pushed by his parents who run his club. There are better players at McKinnon and way way way better players out there than Max Cody.

Nobody at McKinnon has the balls to say so unless Mummy dearest comes running and sacks their butts from the club.

The McKinnon love in at BV and BIG V is sickening and the Max Cody love in at McKinnon is even worse.

The pushing of this kid simply demonstrates what is wrong in basketball where parents have way too much influence some times.

Shows what doors influence and $$$ can open. Pity kids with far more merit than this one miss out.

Reply #526849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must admit I watched every game at the national schools in Canberra - not very impressive, much better talent out there!

Reply #526853 | Report this post

luke  
Years ago

Think point is missed. Bogut Academy got the invite, not BA etc. Invite is for a player in the Academy it seems.

Reply #526858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the kid get a great opportunity.

Takes a group of support people to get the kid to this point. Well done to all involved

Reply #526865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct. The invite was for a player out of the Bogut Academy. Simple as that. Nevertheless it will be a invaluable experience for the young fella. Best of luck.

Reply #526876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if you have the resources ($$$) to get into the Bogut Academy and the ability to transport yourself to those sessions, you can hurdle over kids who cant and in fact the entire BV coaching systems such as State and NITP programs.

What sort of system is developing in this country when invitations to these sort of things is based on $$$ and influence and not on merit.

Wonder if the Cody clan who dominate the admin and governance at McKinnon used their influence to finance a deserving kid towards the Bogut Academy? instead like so many parents they just abuse this by just pushing their own kids barrow.

Hope for the kids sake he does do well and gets a college gig, as the best thing for his development would be to get away from the apron strings at home so he can learn to stand on his own two feet.

Reply #526935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again some fwits are happy to personally attack people on this forum...

To the Cougar Young Gun, I say well done on your selection and enjoy the experience.

This achievement should be praised and not ridiculed...

Life is full of haters unfortunately...

Reply #527066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah let the stats speak, such a strong game changeing type of player led his U20 team straight into Met 1 after getting beat by Sunbury to make VC

Reply #527104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was he not the MVP of the league and a championship winning side last year?

Not sure if his parents got him that award as well. Clearly they bribed all the other coaches and captains into voting for him I guess.

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!! I am outraged.

Good luck kid, enjoy the experience.

Reply #527167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State Teams, SPP, NITP are not elite player development pathways anymore, they are far to political and end up having negative effects on kids. The private academies like BOGUT and AUSA are doing much better work developing players.

Good luck to Cody.

Reply #527177 | Report this post

Tol  
Years ago

How did could they pick someone with a square head? Parents have 100% done something shady here. Can't believe he got the call up over the likes of chris 'dynamite' grigoridais this is a name of the future, he's already signed with UCLA. #watchoutworld #dynamite

Reply #533376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754