Anon
Years ago

Casey sign another SEABL player.

Mid season signing of former SEABL starter Ben Louis.

http://www.bigv.com.au/index.php?id=755&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2015&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=04&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=4446&cHash=c590bf12e605bfa19e9d25e3e742c130

Topic #36998 | Report this topic

Z  
Years ago

Massive signing! You could pretty much give them the championship now!

How much are the spending?

Reply #526721 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

That's at least 8 Ex-Ranger players on the squad by my count.

Reply #526744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Z Championship was in the bag with hobba and Lester as well. Of al teams/clubs they should adopt a "keep a lid on it" mindset.

This time last year there was crowing about they would win all three championships of the leagues they were in also.

That list is now very stacked as it was before this signing. If they can`t win with that list and changes are not made then you know that somebody has someone by the balls down there.

Reply #526753 | Report this post

ariel  
Years ago

How come they get all these expensive players for the men but have not spent any money on the women?

What about equality? It is no more expensive to get a high profile women's import than it is for men. Are they going to look at this?

Reply #526757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have heard a rumour Hobba is on 20K for the season.

Is there any truth to that? I Have been told that by a few people now, some that are directly involved in the club.

Does anyone know what they are spending on their men's program for player payments?

Reply #526772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lester: Dandy
Hobba: dandy
Witho: Dandy
B. szalek: dandy
A. Szalek: Dandy
Michalski: Frankston/Melbourne
Camilleri: Sandringham
Deneefe: dandy?
Outhred: Casey/Melbourne
Lois: Dandy
Jay Mcmillian: Casey
Johnson: Dandy?

Reply #526775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same Casey that are sitting 6th in the pool? The Casey with a 3 wins 4 loss record! The Casey that was suggested would be way too good for D1 and should in Champ men?

Reply #526805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well derrrr.... They were missing the final piece of the puzzle. Did you not read the article.

LMFAO!!

Reply #526816 | Report this post

Ready or not  
Years ago

I hear the volunteer players who play for Casey women have to pay for their own travel cost to country games, yet the paid men's team is looked after. Is this true?

Reply #526866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Incorrect regards to travel ready or not

They have been supplied a bus for the Wodonga trip, it has all been sorted.

Reply #526871 | Report this post

Ready or not  
Years ago

I stand corrected

Reply #526878 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

so no one plane like the men then?

Reply #526915 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Sausage sizzle at Bunnings was used to raise the $250 for a 14 seater.

Reply #526916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical .... When is the sports commission in australia going to grow some balls and address the inequality in sport this is a prime example.

Reply #526923 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

@526923

don't know whether to laugh or cry at that comment.

Reply #526926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes there are a lot of Dandenong players that have gone to Casey, a lot who have already played under this former Dandenong Coach. So what's the surprise. The bigger question should be why are Dandenong players all so eager to leave????
Just saying

Reply #526973 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

^^I think the question people are asking is why Casey don't just change their name to the Rangers and be done with it.
It can hardly be described as a Casey team or a pathway for Casey Juniors, when the team consistently brings in external talent.

Reply #526987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why all the fuss, Casey D1 Men are only middle of the table in the Big V so far this season. Not setting the world on fire, yet this thread would appear as though they should be winning SCM.

9 5 4 673 661 101.82 4 1 1 3 3 LLWWW 55.56

Reply #526988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are there any outer suburb clubs that have been able to achieve this junior to senior pathways pie in the sky scenario the great thinkers subscribe to?

Reply #526996 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

Good question Anon. Would be good to hear from people of other clubs how much of their squads are made of local players.

Reply #527004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the fuss comes from their cocky media release "the final piece of the championship puzzle"

They only ever made finals once in D2 and then think they are world beaters SMH

Reply #527016 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Geelong's D1Men have no imports and almost all are locals, just an example, not flying the Geelong flag here. (In fact I can't think of any that are from other Associations outside the Geelong area in the short term).

Reply #527017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems that where geography allows, the ship jumping is common.

Reply #527033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ready or not i would say you were correct, it was only after a great deal of complaints due to all the mens signings that the bus was provided for the women.

Reply #527053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is there no female import at Casey?

Reply #527086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe next year Casey can spend the same amount of money on their men's and women's program's

#equality

Reply #540984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women were the ones making two straight grand finals, perhaps that was the horse they should have backed instead of the men.

Reply #541018 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754