Justin
Years ago

US import in Australia looking for a team

Hello,

My name is Justin Hamilton.

I was recruited as a U.S. Import to play with the Newcastle Hunters in the Waratah League. Unfortunately after only four games the Board decided to rebuild and develop their youth. I understand this happens in almost all teams at some stage in any sporting competition. I have no hard feelings whatsoever and leave on great terms and am happy to provide the contact details of the Newscatsle President to confirm.

I have only been in Australia for only a short period and immediately fell in love with your country, I don't think you understand how good you have it!... the Australian attitude and way of life is something I didn't believe was possible...

My hometown is Baltimore, Maryland.

Hard work and determination are two principles that have always defined my life. I have continuously strived and worked determinately and diligently in order to achieve my goals: to develop into the best person and player that I can be through basketball. I believe that I can further develop myself and your program through the opportunity to join your club, and I am willing to make whatever sacrifices necessary in order to make this possibility a reality.

I am a 182cm, 82 kg combination guard with scoring capability, the ability to create opportunities for others, and the ability to play a well-rounded defense. I am a leader both on and off the court, and strive to motivate not only myself, but also my teammates.
I most recently played for Club Bolmar in La Paz, Bolivia, in their national tournament. As a starter, I averaged 19 points per game and 6 assists in the National League. Prior to that, I played in Peru where I averaged 18 points per game and 7 assists.

After only four games I leave Newcastle as their leading scorer, leading assists and steals in only 17 minutes per game.

I would do anything to stay in this amazing country and will play at NO cost to prove I can play in any league here.

I am prepared to do whatever work is required, coaching clinics, umpiring, mentoring, painting a fence, any job I will own.

I am currently seeking a new professional opportunity to play for your club. If you are interested and think we would be a good fit, I have highlight videos from playing in the Warratah League and overseas which I can send.

I understand this is an unorthodox way of going about it and I apologise to the website for making my case, I hope to hear from an interested team and I thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

Justin

[email protected]

Topic #36999 | Report this topic

billyhoyle79  
Years ago

Contact Brisbane Carina Spartans in the SEABL or Brisbane Capitals or Toowoomba Mountaineers....if you do end up in brisbane , come down to Spring Hill Grammar on Gregory Tce and play some pick up.

good luck man

Reply #526724 | Report this post

billyhoyle79  
Years ago

thats in QLD b the way....not too far from Newcastle

Reply #526725 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

That's not very fair what they did, cutting your contract- and very sportsmanlike of you to not hold any grudges. Good Luck, I hope you can find a gig. Very genuine and honest of you to put yourself out there.

I must ask however, if you were leading scorer- and after only 4 games-why would they 'change direction'- Newcastle is not an NBA franchise, surely they have respect for the individual and can't just treat another human being like that- bringing to the other side of the world then cutting you.

Reply #526729 | Report this post

Mton Breaker  
Years ago

Contact Mornington Breakers in Victoria. They are looking for a coach and a player. Will probably treat you worse then Newcastle though...

Reply #526734 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Watched Justin play twice, he showed plenty in limited minutes. Good handle and super quick. Good pick up especially on those terms and with that attitude. Hope it works out for you mate.

Reply #526756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know about possible contacts, but nonetheless we wish you all the best mate and go get 'em!

Reply #526798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You should consider New Zealand as well. Also an amazing country. I see the taranaki mountain airs in the Nbl their point guard just got injured. Could be long or short term chance there, also a higher profile league which might help you long term.

Reply #526854 | Report this post

Justin hamilton  
Years ago

Thanks a lot ! I really appreciate the information !

Reply #526892 | Report this post

billyhoyle79  
Years ago

also could try Gosford City, i have a friend who coaches there

Reply #526903 | Report this post

Justin hamilton  
Years ago

What's the name of the team ? Gosford city ?

Reply #526905 | Report this post

billyhoyle79  
Years ago

yeah man heres the face book link https://www.facebook.com/GosfordCityRebels

ill ask her and see if there is any openings

Reply #526909 | Report this post

billyhoyle79  
Years ago

did i mention the Brisbane Spartans in the SEABL , CJ Bruton who used to play for New Zealand in the NBL is coaching them. should give em a call.

Reply #526910 | Report this post

Justin hamilton  
Years ago

Hey billy could you please send me a email message so we can speak direct .. [email protected]

Reply #526912 | Report this post

billyhoyle79  
Years ago

No Worries Justin

Reply #526913 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754