Anonymous
Years ago

Are there any teams that can top Golden State?

As the playoffs go on it is looking more and more like it is going to be a lock for GSW to take the championship and the betting agencies are backing them by a fair mile. Who do you think will be the toughest matchup for them?

Topic #37001 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will not win I bet my house and family on it

Reply #526769 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The Bucks! ....... oh wait a second......

Reply #526770 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

It is the NBA, it is a very tough league, that's why we love it so much.

Golden State is my pick, but the road ahead is always unpredictable, look at what happened within seconds to the Cavs, losing Love and maybe their chances go along with him.

Rockets and Spurs will be tough in the West and although the east may not have the favourites the Hawks have proven themselves and the Cavs could still be a threat, depends if they can cover Love (they could be loveless :).

Reply #526774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone else think the wizards will beat whoever they face in the second round?

Reply #526782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wizards match up well with alot of the teams in the east. as a bulls fan im glad we didnt play thiem in the first round. i think they will play hawks and lose in game 7

Reply #526785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I liked memphis from the start of the season and with the addition of Green like them more. With Conley to come back and better minutes from the bench (Carter, Udrih, Calathes) they should be legit. Allen provides a good permiter defender whilst Gasol provides good interior defense.

I also think, as much as I hate to say it, Clippers can knock off the Warriors.

Reply #526820 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

If Spurs get out of LA after game 7 I think they can take GS out. But the Clips are a great match up for the Spurs, even more so with Splitter & Parker hobbling.

Green & Leonard tend to do the job on Curry & Thompson. David Lee's fitness is the key for GSW in a Spurs match up.

Reply #526821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GSW are a lock. They would roll any team in the east in 4. Might take 5 to get past Memphis.

Reply #526827 | Report this post

shootingblanks  
Years ago

"David Lee's fitness is the key for GSW in a Spurs match up."

Yeah cheers for the hilarity, Choppy G. I half snorted my drink on reading that.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2015/4/28/8477149/golden-state-warriors-2015-david-lee-roster-free-agency-offseason

An excerpt from the above article:

"For the regular season, the team went 37-12 (.755) with David Lee in the lineup and 30-3 (.909) without."

"Playing more minutes hasn't helped. The team went 16-5 (.761) in games where the former All Star played more than 20 minutes, 4-3 (.571) when he topped 24 minutes, and 0-2 when he played 30 or more minutes. On the flipside, the team is 5-0 when Lee plays less than 10 minutes."

"The team hasn't depended on Lee to play well in wins either. His TS% in wins was .527 on 19.0 USG% in 18.2 minutes. He averaged 7.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 1.6 assists in those wins. In losses, his USG% increased to 21.0, and his TS% climbed to .575. He managed to raise his counting numbers too, posting 9.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per loss."

"Occam's razor says that the more the Warriors use Lee this season, the worse the team plays. And he is the highest paid player in team history."

Reply #526829 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The Spurs match up very well with them. Kawhi sits on Steph and Green sits on Klay and they really give the Warriors trouble. The problem is, LA's frontline is too athletic for the Spurs and they have them against the ropes.

GSW beat Clips, Clips (are looking like they will/might) beat Spurs, and Spurs beat GSW. It's a triangle.

Memphis are out because of the Conley injury.

Reply #526843 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Now that the Clips are through, sadly taking two Aussies out of contention, I am concerned that with Chris Paul's hamstring they might be light on going into the next series.

Can't see the Clips going any further after they pretty much gave everything they had to take out the Spurs, if they play GSW they would go out in 4 I predict.

Reply #527163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you stupid? Beat Houston by 16 in Houston with no Chris Paul and Austin rivers as our starting point guard.

Reply #527169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The upsets and away teams winning just keep coming, Golden State go down by 7 to the Grizzlies in game 2.

Making predictions in this finals series is full of traps.

Reply #527343 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754