Anonymous
Years ago

Frankston Youth League coach sacked.

The Blues YLCM coach has been sacked for not playing the right kids in his team. Difficult to judge his performance on wins/losses as they are still playing for nothing due to non payment of Big V fines!

Topic #37033 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

I have no idea what 'not playing the right kids' actually means, but the whole online saga about them not paying fees and playing for no points sounds too far fetched for me to comprehend!

Reply #527553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Revolving door....who would want to be a coach these days.Basket case!!!

Reply #527556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop spreading untruths.
No one was sacked, word is coach has walked out due to an ongoing disagreement with SEABL coach. Again another case of tail wanting to wag the dog.

Reply #527557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whether he walked out or was sacked, the whole thing seems a complete farce. Imagine if you are one of the boys in that team!

Playing and earning no points for winning and now a coach walkout. How many of those boys will be staying around in 12 months.

Reply #527567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems to be a theme of late; Mornington Senior coach-gone, Cranbourne coach-gone and I hear Chelsea YL men's coach also gone; now Frankston. The season has barely started and there's more moves than a chess board.

Reply #527600 | Report this post

BBball  
Years ago

FYI the coach was Sacked and did not walk out. He was pushed because they didn't agree with him. Pure and simple. The only lies being spread are the ones saying he resigned voluntarily.

Reply #527617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must be something in the water in the southeast...Fish rots at the head!!!

Reply #527621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that you back under another identity Pud?

We have missed you since your real identity was reveealed. How's Chelsea?

Reply #527622 | Report this post

Pud  
Years ago

No its not me, but I must say I'm enjoying the read!

Reply #527628 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

Gee, feel sorry for the players down there!!!

Reply #527629 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Maybe hes taken the gig at Mornington???

Reply #527637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BBall - No way he was sacked that's rubbish.
"Pushed because they didn't agree with him" - so he did resign. Thanks for the clarification.

End of the day I would have thought the YL coach works with the Head Coach and supports him.

Reply #527647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Anon Pretty hard to work with a head coach or a club that clearly support not being allowed to win games regardless of the score.

There could be injury or SEABL reasons why, but it's interesting to see that 5 players who played in round 1 did not play in round 7.

Injury, SEABL or left?

Maybe he resigned after being pushed, maybe he was sacked, but reality is with not being able to win a game, it would seem that the fault may well lie away from the ex coach.

Reply #527658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The role of the Youth League coach should always be to support the program (head coach included), develop your top end talent in preparation for senior play and introduce younger players (U18) to senior ball.

If you don't agree with the direction of the program or the head coaches message, see the season out and step down at the end of the season. Cherish the opportunity to work with the youngsters and focus on the value you can add along the way.

Reply #527708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^This is the most sensible thing said about this topic since it started.

Reply #527736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston forfeited again on the weekend.Sad state of affairs!!!

Reply #527940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

?????? ...Frankston can not pay $1600 to resolve the outstanding fines with Big V ...but they spend tens of thousands on hiring importing Eric Williams for seabl team?? Priorities, certainly does not seem to be in supporting their home grown junior and youth players ....what is happening??

Reply #527957 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

from what this looks like from reading everything to do with frankston will they end up like knox for SEABL 2016 having to pull the seabl teams out because of no $$$

Reply #527971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Frankston in money troubles?

Clubs need to sometimes do a Dandy, drop down to SCM for a couple of years get things sorted and save some money then go back up to SEABL. Makes sense to me.

I'm sure if Frankston spoke to the Big V and said we will play SCM and SCW if you scrap the outstanding money and let us move on the Big V would work with them.

Reply #528024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston is not going to drop out of SEABL. If that was the case why would they be spending money on an expensive import this season?

Club management just need to explain their mixed messages better

Reply #528028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Franga won't drop out of SEABL, more particularly not to go to BigV, they do not respect the BigVcomp as a whole, the only time they liked them was while they made money for holding the BigV Pre-Season Tournie.

In fact , I'd go as far to say Franga would be the leading club to push for it's pathway to go back to being the SEABL development League like pre 2012.

Reply #528037 | Report this post

Elwers  
Years ago

Wow if Chelsea Youth Men's coach was sacked then he looks so much like the sacked coach its not funny. Maybe thought he was sacked because he doesnt carry on like some coaches around, mainly sits and enjoys what his doing.

Reply #528053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^Can we have the above post in English please Elwers?

I think you will find the YLW coach at Chelsea stepped away as he wasn`t able to commit to the role. They have hired a new person - A press release is on the BIG V website.

The youth mens coach is still there and i doubt a person that runs the club is going to sack himself.

Reply #528154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to know Frankstons financial situation as very few people get to see there financials.They should be rich considering how tight they are with there money.

Reply #528156 | Report this post

Elwers  
Years ago

Yep thanks Anonymous for the heads up. I know the YLM coach and he works there but doesnt run it as he is answerable to committee who are very hands on. Yes I did ask him, and running a good show let alone a good YLM team.

Reply #528172 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754