Tom
Years ago

Kestleman's new deal

Does anyone actually know the differences between the original proposal and the current one.

Topic #37044 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti did say something about it being watered down...

First offer last Sep: $7 million

New offer: $400K and an olive coloured Datsun 180B

Reply #527834 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

$2.50 and a bag of Doritos?

Reply #527839 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

If you PAID me a few million i would take ownership of the league...

Kestelman must really hate money.

Reply #527865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No mick. The former dodo guys are passionate about the nbl surviving and are prepared to put their money where their mouth is.
You just open your mouth.

Reply #527867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm passionate about bedding one of the Victoria Secret angels. Doesn't mean it'll ever happen. Should just let that dream die. Like the NBL

Reply #527870 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If you had some of their cash, I'm pretty sure even YOU, Anon, could score at least some form of Victoria Secret model...

Reply #527871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait, Kestelman has put a deal on the table to bed a Victoria's Secret model?

Is this really the new model he's been talking about all along?

Reply #528228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given his first "proposal" was a crock of shit filled with hot air and empty promises, this could go either way.
Assuming, for the sake of argument, that he has decided to get even slightly more realistic, it could be either that he has dropped promises of expansion and other fairy tales to focus on salvaging the Crocs & Hawks, OR he is proposing leaving them to their own devices and instead injecting his cash into the NBL itself.

Reply #528232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More crock of shit in what you just posted. The expansion is long dead fyi and has nothing to do with Kestleman offer what so ever.
The other clubs in question need to get their house in order first. How about read the suggested offer first.

Reply #528233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kestelman offer sounds like a good de which makes me think using nbl staff logic that it will be rejected lol

Reply #528265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Update

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/melbourne-millionaire-larry-kestelman-confirmed-in-key-talks-with-nbl/story-fnii09gt-1227354876070

Reply #528322 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Right, so now there seems to be two different paths on the table...

One where LK takes up an ownership share, and another where he is treated as a sponsor... This clarification as well as...

"This is in parallel with discussions with other sponsors," Wade said of discussions with the LK Group.

still to me screams of the current powers are still clutching on for dear life, thinking that they're more than capable of running the league and just need LKs cash and they will be fine...

Last year I would have given them the chance, but I really still haven't seen anything positive from them in their capacity of running the LEAGUE (not their individual teams) as what came from the league? Only problems... any real on court success came from the individual teams efforts... NZ recruited Cedric back which helped them lock in another championship, 36ers snagged Motum and lucked into DJ coming back which helped their chances, the Kings recruited Childress... What role in the "on court success" did the NBL leadership play?

Can we trust them to actually do the right thing with any cash that is given to them? If they knew what they were doing in the areas that the NBL is lacking (building their profile/publicity/marketing), then surely they would have actually made SOME strides last season, even if the budget wasn't there?

Reply #528333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is your answer OP, first offer was $7M, now it is $5M. End thread.

Reply #528336 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

If this story is correct the offer has been reduced by $2,000,000 we have to the current "owners" of the NBL (i.e. the clubs) can make up that money ouit of their own pockets and can somehow work together to ensure the league is promoted both by traditional media as well as a much great social media presence ( like Melbourne United did last season)

They drop $2million but retain control.

Hope they have a better plan than we've seen previously.

It seems like a bunch of people who were good ( or lucky) in business, but they have no proven ability to run a professional sporting competition.
The AFL is not run by a buch of footy fans who just happen to have been successgful businessmen.

Reply #528338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754