Curtley
Years ago

Clippers v Rockets - Live Streaming

Incase you don't check nba.com 5 times a day, they are live streaming the LAC v HOU game now.

http://www.sportal.com.au/nba-live/watch-live-rockets-vs-clippers/17wchv9gq5by31hxb2kkf41epx

Topic #37047 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Ouch - Rockets lost by 33 points in a game where some very highly paid clown on the other side was only 14/34 (40%) from the free throw line (but still +16 while on court)!

That is a lousy day at the office and, I am guessing, a very boring game to watch.

Thank goodness the highlights package usually cuts out most of the 96(!) free throws taken. I would hate to imagine what the score would have been if the Rockets didn't hack-a-Jordan.

Reply #527916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be fined for doing it when they were down 22 in the third quarter

Reply #527917 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I'd be interested to see the stats of this hack-a-Jordan, Shaq, Dwight strategy is.

I've seen a few games this season involving this "tactic" and it seems to me, pretty rare that the hacking team wins.

Anyone know how to get, or have stats on this?

Reply #527918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If done at the end of close games it can work, foul and someone misses a free throw and you get the ball back you turn what could have been a three point possession into a one point possession.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/intentionally-fouling-deandre-jordan-is-futile/

This article talks specifically about how it works (or doesn't work) against the clippers.

Reply #527921 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Oh yeah, I should have made it clear that of course at end of games it's more useful. Although you can't do it in the final 2 minutes, I think? As that's called an off-the-ball intentional then, or something like that. The Clips won't even pass the ball to DJ in the final 2 mins.

I was more talking about the mid 2nd qtr usage of it etc.

Reply #527923 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

The funny thing about these streaming games is there's no ads like on TV so it's much more obvious how many stoppages there are as so much of the coverage is just filming the centre court while some plonker tries to spin plates or some such thing.

Reply #527949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBA has compulsory TV timeouts which is ridiculous. Think it's 4 or 8 a game.

Reply #527952 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

10 per game. 2 in the 1st and 3rd qtrs, 3 in the 2nd and 4th.

Reply #527954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaq attempted an NBA record 25 ft's in one quarter in the 2000 playoffs and the Pacers did hack-a-shaq in that Finals series, one game he attempted over 40 ft's.

End result? Lakers won the championship and Shaq won Finals MVP averaging 38ppg & 17rpg, it rarely works.

Reply #527999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

22-4 when attempting 10+ free throws in the playoffs, 6-1 when he shot more than 15 iirc

Reply #528001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 TV timeouts. 6 minute mark of 1st & 3rd, 9 & 3 minute mark of the 2nd & 4th. I think that's correct?

Reply #528004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Mandatory timeouts" are called at the first dead ball after 6:00 and 3:00 in each quarter and after 9:00 in the second and fourth quarters- wikipedia

Reply #528006 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

^ Yep, 10 in total per game.

Reply #528025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speed - isn't that 6? 1 in 1st & 3rd, 2 in 2nd & 4th?

Reply #528039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 in first and third quarters. 3 in second and fourth.

Reply #528042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I honestly don't think there's one at 3 in 1st & 3rd. Guess I'm wrong.

Reply #528046 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Definitely is ten.

1st qtr: Under 6 mins, under 3 mins.
2nd qtr: Under 9 mins, under 6 mins, under 3 mins.
3rd qtr: Under 6 mins, under 3 mins.
4th qtr: Under 9 mins, under 6 mins, under 3 mins.

Every game, all year long.

Unless, a team calls a TO within a minute of the scheduled TV TO. For example, a team calls a TO at 6:15 of a qtr, the under 6 mins TV TO, will not be called.

Reply #528064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't the NBL have mandatory (Television) timeouts for a long time in the 90s?

Reply #528231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754