Anonymous
Years ago

Madgen Europe

Press release advising Madgen is looking to start a career in Europe.

Rhys Martin has an Irish passport and wasn't able to find a suitable deal.

Madgen is better then Martin although does he have a European passport?

A guy like Daniel Dillon is making a career in Europe without a passport although he had the big name NCAA school (Arizona) on his resume compared to Augusta State.

I wish him the best of luck although I think it will be a lot of work to start in a mid tier league at 30 in the cut throat leagues where imports can be cut after one bad game.

If he does have a passport ignore most of above.

Topic #37075 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

Madgen is overrated. I don't think he will be in any half decent european league. Macedonia maybe.

Reply #528472 | Report this post

Oooh La La!  
Years ago

You're a goose GWB.

Madgen is highly rated beacause this is on his resume:

All-NBL First Team (2013)
NBL Most Improved Player (2013)
NBL All-Star (2013)
NBL Rookie of the Year (2011)
Peach Belt Conference Player of the Year (2010)
2× First-team All-Peach Belt (2009-2010)
Peach Belt Freshman of the Year (2007)

Your basketball opinion doesn't rate, go back to minecraft.

Reply #528515 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Peachbelt? LOL. Basically a nothing college league. I also dont covet NBL All Star selections very much. Only a couple of people on the court really belonged there anyway. He is "okay", but he is overrated. He is not in Australias top 20-30 players. I don't expect him to make it onto a decent Euro team. He can shoot, sure. If Basketball were a game of horse he would be in the NBA. But he lacks the quickness to run with top euro teams. He also lacks any other stand out aspect to his game. Playing against the .... "might" lol of Chinas C grade team Madgens lack of quickness and athleticism was exposed at international level - what do you think will happen in Europe?

So I stand by my statement. The height of his Euro career is either a 'good' gig in Macedonia. Or, a 12th man gig in somewhere like France or Germany. He is not going to be making great money on a top team by any stretch. Hugh greenwood would struggle to get a decent euro gig and he is a much better player (albeit at a different position)

Reply #528521 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Sydney has lost their best player and then the move to Olympic Park. God help us!!!

Reply #528540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't knock Macedonia the great Jarrid Frye played there.

Reply #528548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Worthington headed back to Sydney?

Reply #528626 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

I'm just happy for all the CHAIRS and floor wipers out there !!! Kleenex is worried too...

Reply #528641 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754