Bizzy
Years ago

Sturt's Finals Hopes

What do people think Sturt need to do to be able to get back on track and win this week against Eastern?

I wasn't at the game last week but it seemed that in the second half Sturt played some good ball, did they make any significant changes or was it just a mindset?

Any opinions?

Topic #3708 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

O-S-C-A-R ... they wont win without him i dont think.
Gower and Bauer are not yet 100% and how do you replace 30 points + 15 boards a game and @ 6 ft 9 a shot blocking/changing threat ?? .. you cant !
Good on him for making the Boomers trip, just unfortunate for Sturt who would be hard to match up on with him back.

Reply #43166 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Agreed Skhook, the only way Sturt will win is if they buy Oscar a plane ticket back to Oz!
You see this kind of stuff all the time over in SEABL.
I felt for Kilsyth last year when the had Matt Shanahan playing awesome, who they then lost to Perth when he got picked up and then they got Luke Kendall back from the states and then lost him right before finals because he got picked up by Sydney. I guess that's the problem when you rely on National players so much. Imagine if Eastern had lost Jacob going into the finals....

Reply #43196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Or consider the AIS this year, dropping out of the SEABL finals altogether because so many players are with the Crocs, heading to college, or being picked up by NBL teams.

Reply #43202 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I agree with both of you that Oscar is the key, especially with the numbers he's been putting up all year. However saying that they surely must have someone that can/will step up and try and fill a fraction of the void that O has left. Obviously it hasn't happened yet and maybe this week being the be all and end all for this season someone will step up. Personally I don't see it happening Ng is going to need to score like 60 (score for O aswell).

Reply #43206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if woodville play as badly as the did against sturt in the last half so defensive incase they lost the lead my kindy kids could beat them

Reply #43221 | Report this post

Warrior Fan !  
Years ago

being outscored by 4 points in a second half is not a bad effort at all !

Reply #43296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754