Develop Your Own
Years ago

Knox 12 and 14 Boys Not Making Classic

I haven't paid too much notice in the past but from the best of my memory Knox go to Classic every year with a full contingent of teams, from 12s to 18s, boys and girls, and this year 12 and 14 boys missed out, and didn't even make the top five ending up in VC Reserve.

Is this a throw back of the financial woes perhaps effecting their ability to recruit, or from dropping out of SEABL, or just a bad couple of years?

Topic #37150 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ability to recruit in 12s and 14s?
i would have thought coaching might have more to do with it. (I know nothing about the coaches, etc btw, just seems more logical)

Reply #530032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recruiting for under 12`s lol Come on man. Use your domestic program and develop the kids from there.

Reply #530053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if you could substitute the word rectruiting for attracting.

Perhaps they just aren't able to attract kids into their program the same way they used to? And so they go elsewhere?

Reply #530082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year Knox's U14 boys didn't compete at the Classic. Nor their U18 boys. They did play in the other 6 grades. In 2013, neither U12 or U14 boys competed, nor U16 girls. in 2012, U12 girls & U16 boys didn't compete. In 2011 all 8 age groups were represented.

So I'd say it's hardly a new trend.

Reply #530106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Financial woes have nothing to do with it.
Other clubs with less funding have developed and succeeded without it. It's obvious that such a large association, such as Knox, is clearly going downhill due to management. It's not hard to figure out the winning formula. Appoint the right coaches who can select and develop the talent pool out there and rewards will come.
That is clearly not happening at Knox and it all starts at the top.
It's not rocket science!

Reply #530139 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Knox have one of the largest and strongest junior domestic competitions in Australia. The fact that their U/12 & U/14 boys have not made the Classic this year has nothing to do with the problems they have had recently and the club has planning in place to repay
it"s debt and will then look to again fielding SEABL
Men and Womens teams. Apart from not having Seabl teams the club is still going well and will in time put all the past problems behind them.

Reply #530141 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Doubt the coaching has anything to do with it as isn't the 12s coach the same coach who won U16 vc last year? and also took a few teams to Nationals? Possible it's just not a strong group at Knox for 12/14s??

Reply #530162 | Report this post

Broncs  
Years ago

Sometimes you just have an age group that may not be as strong in the past. In terms of recruiting with the size of the Knox domestic comp they don't need to bring in many outsiders.

Reply #530163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obvious agenda from the OP...

Reply #530174 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Knox Basketball had their AGM tonight and it was a very positive meeting. They have added two excellent people to fill the vacant positions. The CEO outlined the plan to clear the debt and I believe that they are now heading in the right direction. The mood of the meeting seemed to be that all the clubs have confidence in the Board and what they are setting out to achieve in the future.

Reply #530389 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

In more positive news from Knox word is they are definitely back in Seabl next year and have even named Dylan Hair as the mens captain. Things are looking up.

Reply #530771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754