tim behrendorff
Years ago

Is it peanut butter delly time?

Cavs in the main show and delly a key part of that. Can they go all the way and make it peanut butter delly time?

Or will Bogut & co spoil the show?

Topic #37155 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is a beast

Reply #530114 | Report this post

Grizz21  
Years ago

I love Delly, but the Cavs haven't exactly earned a championship like the Warriors have

Reply #530138 | Report this post

BG34  
Years ago

7/3/2 playoff splits. And some decent defence. Huge "key" part of the cavs sweeping an average Hawks side...

Reply #530145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grizz21, explain that outrageous comment please?

Reply #530146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any team to get to where they are now deserve it. Whether by good management, good players, good trades or just good play the franchise as a whole have worked their asses off to get there. Cavs have the best D of the remaining teams and have improved their team play 10 fold under adversity. So I say that definitely deserve it.

That being said the Warriors will still smoke them.

Reply #530151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors D > Cavs, so no, Cavs don't have the best D of the remaining teams.

Reply #530157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong. Statistically, the cavaliers have better D. Well known.

Reply #530164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Season stats

Cleveland defensive rating: 16
Golden state defensive rating: 1

Having bogut (2nd best defensive rating) and draymond green (4th best) help. No one from cavs made top 20

Reply #530166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the regular season the Warriors actually had the best D and The Cavs stats will be inflated in the playoffs due to their opponents in comparison to the warriors

Reply #530167 | Report this post

stavros  
Years ago

Will be one of the best titles whoever wins

Reply #530197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly! Look at the opposition in the East compared to West not only playoff time but regular season.

Like to see Lebrons impact in the West Conference. Playing those teams more night in night out than the Eastern easy beats.

That being said I think, but hope not, the cavs will win.

Reply #530208 | Report this post

Warriliers  
Years ago

Gonna be a great game, wonder if Delly gonna unload big dog Delly hustle all over Bogut he he

Hopefully this will be one of the most exciting finals series ever.

Reply #530210 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Can't wait for the switch on PG - C pick and roll, Delly vs Bogut!!!!! :)

Reply #530221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh I get it now is it peanut butter jelly time? Yeah, clever, but what does that actually mean?

Reply #530227 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-nba-playoffs-cleveland-cavaliers-matthew-dellavedova/

Good little article on Grantland.

Reply #530237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They also spoke well of him on Mike & Mike which is on Foxtel. A huge show in the States! Not everyone thinks he is a dirty player, far from it really.

Reply #530238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grantland talks about the 'Thing' and that Delly has found his thing, finally. But he doesn't exactly name what that thing is, yet we down under all know what his thing really is don't we!

Delly has Mongrel, that's his thing but the yanks are not familiar with the term. I think it is time we educate them, don't you all? (Ya'll)

Reply #530239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of the remaining teams Cleveland Cavaliers are ranked best defensively with the best at points allowed at 91.4 per game, blocked shots at seven per game, three-point shooting field goal percentage allowed (28.6 percent), and field-goal percentage allowed (41.2 percent).

Tiring hearing people complain about East being easier than West. East plays west throughout regular season believe it or not. And Chicago and Atlanta are not mediocre teams to face in the playoffs.

Not saying that Cavaliers will win the championship (they will get dominated) but give credit where credit is due.

Reply #530257 | Report this post

Grizz21  
Years ago

@146 Cavs players have earned it obviously. But I guess I just don't like the way they have done it as much as GSW, bringing in a superstar and then everyone wanting to jump ship to join him. I like the way the Warriors drafted well, developed them well and year-by-year improved.

Reply #530320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cleveland + B James= Championship

Reply #530322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't even bother quoting the Cavs' regular season defensive ranking. Pretty sure they've been the best defensive team in the playoffs

Reply #530441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Grizz21

I just want to point out a few things to your comment that Cavs got a superstar and everyone jumped ship (i.e. the way Miami built), and therefore haven't earnt it. I see this comment all the time and believe it is unfair. Who exactly has jumped ship to join Lebron? Mike Miller (he doesn't get minutes so nil effect), Shawn Marion (also doesn't get minutes so nil effect), and James Jones (the only one to jump ship and follow, not exactly a game changer).

The Cavs traded for Love, Mozgov, JR & Shumpert. They also had to make extensive moves to free up cap space to sign Lebron, so he wasn't exactly a free gift either.

This isn't a team of people jumping ship to join Lebron, this is a team that has been constructed exceptionally well by our new GM since he took over, so any win by the Cavs is as equally earned/deserved as a GSW win.

Reply #530466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love didn't give Minnesota a lot of options in terms of where he could be traded, so I think a perception that he pushed his way to Cleveland is not unreasonable.

The Warriors, on the other hand, refused to include Thompson in the trade for Love, were called stupid for it at the time by at least half the major outlets, and have been proven right with the emergence of Green, which would have been impossible with a Bogut/Love frontcourt.

You can't win a title without 'deserving' one. The Warriors have faced a tougher path but if Cleveland can beat them four times, at least one of which has to come on the road, Cleveland deserve to be Champs. That said, Warriors in 5.

Reply #530468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Spurs had not dropped that series and GSW had to play them instead of the Rockets I would agree, but as it has turned out both the GSW and the Cavs have had about the same quality of opponents to overcome, both have earned it equally.

The fact Love is out could be the deciding factor, we will see!

Reply #530470 | Report this post

Ranger Nation  
Years ago

I think the Splash Brothers, Green and Bogut will to be too strong for the Cavs. Hope both Delly and Bogut enter beast mode each and every game though!

Reply #531215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a nation of red headed people?

Reply #531218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754