NBL Fan
Years ago

LSU Tour Dates

SATURDAY, AUG 15 LSU vs NSW All-Stars Broadmeadows, NSW

SUNDAY, AUG 16 LSU vs NSW All-Stars Sydney, NSW

TUESDAY, AUG 18 LSU vs QLD All-Stars Auchenflower, QLD

THURSDAY, AUG 20 LSU vs Melbourne United TBC, VIC

SATURDAY, AUG 22 LSU vs Melbourne United State Basketball Centre, VIC

This should be great to see Ben Simmons and LSU up close and even versing our own Melbourne United!

Link for the website is;
http://www.lsutourdownunder.com/

Topic #37178 | Report this topic

dr seuss  
Years ago

looking forward to the adelaide game

Reply #530798 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

the website is asking for a password?
would be nice to see them travel the whole country but understandable it is hard to play so many games in such a short time frame

Reply #530824 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Not sure why the website has gone into "lock-down"...

You can access the full schedule on PnR here in the meantime:

Ben Simmons and LSU to tour Australia in August

Reply #530842 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

It would be great to see Ben Simmons and LSU up close and even playing our own Melbourne United.

Reply #530882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United would smash them

Reply #530885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ticket prices are way to high. Every touring team I've watched cost $5 -$10 entry. LSU are asking $100 per ticket?
I checked their website and Tix to a regular season game is 3/4 of the price.
What a rip off.

Reply #531090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ticket prices are way to high. Every touring team I've watched cost $5 -$10 entry. LSU are asking $100 per ticket?
I checked their website and Tix to a regular season game is 3/4 of the price.
What a rip off.

Reply #531091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously though, can anyone confirm ticket entry prices? If they are actually asking $100.00 per seat I would be amazed!

Reply #531099 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Ticket prices as listed for the game vs Melbourne United at the State Basketball Centre on Saturday August 22nd:

West or East Box ticket: $100 (per person, not per box)
West or East Stand Rows C-F: $50
West or East Stand Rows L-Z (General Admisson): $20

I've been an LSU fan for ten years and would love to see the team live but these prices are pretty extreme.

Reply #531107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You've been a fan for 10 years and you won't pay $20 to see them live? And therein lies the problem, Australians (basketball fans in particular) hate putting their hand in their pockets, always wanting free tickets, that's the reason the NBL will never be a success

Reply #531108 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

I'd like good value tickets, not free ones.
I paid $180 for a 6 person catered courtside box to see the then Melbourne Tigers play against St Marys a couple of years ago. Great value. To pay almost the same price per person to have to sit at the back of a grandstand in general admission seating is a bit rich.

Reply #531118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they joking, who is going to pay that to watch a bunch of college kids over here, just because Ben Simmons is playing does not equate to inflated prices only inflated egos.
Every year you get a college team come over, they do it for practice as part of their pre pre season. NCAA allow them one overseas trip every 4 yrs, charging $100 a ticket is ridiculous, most do a $5.00 door entry to cover cost of refs that's it.

Reply #531122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 people at $30 a head for catering doesn't seem like good value to me. It seems like microwaved sausage rolls and a Fanta.

Reply #531124 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Was also $2 to watch New Mexico a couple of years ago (same as SMC from memory) at Kilsyth and the same for Hartford at Knox last year.

I honestly believe $2 was cheap, but these prices are in my opinion pretty steep.

Reply #531131 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

20 August too late to take both my boys as one will already be on a plane heading to college but if I was to go with No.2 I would have to consider the lower end of the ticket prices.

$20.00 X 2 = $40.00
Fuel cost for travel = $20.00
Food or drink purchase (optional) = $40.00
Merchyandise for purchase (optional) = $100.00

I love my college basketball and although it isn't cheap we are also talking about an NBL team in action.

I guess I would have to know if Simmons was actually going to play that day, if so I would love to go and have a look, if not I don't know that I would bother.

Reply #531134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait till Simmons proves himself against men in the NBA then that money would be worth it. These games are out of season exhibition games, and that includes the NBL team....do you pay that much for ani NBL game that possibly won't be full strength?
They need a reality check, people are just using Ben Simmons as a draw card to make money, when really he's still very much a young kid who's not really done anything YET on the international level. Yes he's killed in high school, but that's against kids his own age and strength.

Reply #531136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have checked with the a few people around and the prices are correct.

Ticket prices as listed for the game vs Melbourne United at the State Basketball Centre on Saturday August 22nd:

West or East Box ticket: $100 (per person, not per box)
West or East Stand Rows C-F: $50
West or East Stand Rows L-Z (General Admisson): $20

Correct - When St Mary's, Vanderbilt, Hartford & New Mexico toured it was $2 entry.

I wonder who is cash grabbing here? Cant be LSU surely. Who's organising the tour?
In QLD Brian Kerle has been promoting so no doubt he's the shark in QLD.

Very disappointing the prices are out of reach for families or basketball supporters Australia wide.

Courtside NBA tickets are on avg $500, and that's NBA product, TV coverage etc...what a stupid, selfish, cash grab. Where is the second game in Melbourne? Normally held at Rangers as those guys have serious college hook ups will they charge the same amount.

$2 to $100 is extreme. $2-$20 is a cash grab. Maximum cost should be $10 per person. Given most United players will be still playing SEABL or not in town what team that will be.

Jokers...

Reply #531140 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Prices are set by the event organiser, which according to the ticketing website is Fiddes Enterprises Pty Ltd.

Reply #531141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a surprise - This will be Peter Fiddes a renown basketball tragic trying to make a dollar off everyone in the sport of basketball. Assuming Fiddes Enterprises PTY LTD is the same company involved in uniforms, AND1 and used to be Under Armour.

That explains everything.

Fiddes has spent years trying to line his pockets in the world of basketball.

Definite cash grab, Well done Bethdavis10 on providing that information.

Reply #531143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What? He is trying to make money? How dare he!!

Reply #531146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear if its a Fiddes run event well that would explain why its not at Dandenong, Fiddes AKA AND1 have moved onto Melbourne Boomers, and it would also explain the ridiculous prices.

Reply #531202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any updates on Ticket sales and venues? Has this been locked away or is this all BS about prices.
100 bucks is stupid, is this true? Want to take my family.

Reply #532211 | Report this post

GEAUXTIGERS  
Years ago

I'm a big LSU fan living in Sydney. While prices are a bit steep it's still a once in a life time opportunity and I wouldn't let it slip for a $100. Could someone tell me if there's any update on sydney venue and tickets?

GEAUX TIGERS!

Reply #532967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if LSU are even still coming? All the games and prices have been taken down. Maybe Ben Simmons will be playing for Boomers a few days before and not unavailable.
$100 for a ticket is way over priced and way out of reach for most families and most supporters.

Reading this thread the tour manager is obviously trying to make some over the top cash off games and ticket prices.

I'll be going to watch Aus vs NZ those tickets are cheaper and have more NBA exposure and the game will be more serious. If LSU games are played in the suburbs and are exhibition games that have no meaning the tickets should be sold at suburb or normal stadium prices. $8 for a SEABL ticket is fair $20 for a family of four great value.

Leave me out funding a greedy tour manager.

Reply #532998 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754