Zodiac
Years ago

Big lineup in Akron, Ohio to meet Delly

IT'S been official for a week, but maybe the strongest sign the Cleveland Cavaliers are back in the NBA Finals hasn’t come from round-the-clock radio, TV commercials or plain old discussion in offices, bars and wherever else people in Northeast Ohio gather.

It’s what I saw Monday night.

Hundreds of people -- maybe even 1,000 -- came to Summit Mall in suburban Akron to get a glimpse of Cavs guard Matthew Dellavedova. More specifically, to pay $25 to say hello and get Dellavedova’s autograph.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-sports/nba-finals-matthew-dellavedova-cleveland-autograph-session-shuts-down-mall-queues-out-door/story-e6frf6ju-1227381519450

Topic #37190 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"$25 to shake his hand"

I gotta quit my job and hit the court 24/7

Reply #531050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Proceeds going to charity no doubt...

Reply #531117 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

You should keep in mind guys that this is pretty much close to the norm in America. Their big conventions you pay money to get autographs from famous people. Events like Comicon, or any of the Electronic Expos and so on. Sporting events are no different.

THankfully this hasnt infiltrated Australian Society yet.

Reply #531147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754