Anonymous
Years ago

The Nic Duncan hype

I remember there was a lot of hype for this kid a few years back and you barely here about him anymore when people talk about Aussie hoops. Was it just the lack of height that killed his potential as a forward at the next level?

Topic #37194 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Height / Weight:
6-8 / 245

I wouldn't say he was small at all anon^ maybe you just want us to start talking about him again?

Reply #531180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't he a PF though? If so then yeah, that is short for that position.

And no, i just remember him being one of younger hyped players on this board. Like Humphries, Mcveigh etc.

Reply #531186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duuuude!!!!

You been watching that little tv channel no one watches called ESPN????

Was a starter in only his Sophomore year in the NCAA!!!!

Did you see him vs New Mexico state???? ummmmm

I'm gonna suggest he was under hyped!

Reply #531187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At 6' 8" tall I would say anyone that size can play anywhere they want. Too small for a PF, where in the NBA? Anyway last I heard he was injured or something, hope he can start his next basketball season fresh.

Reply #531188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries is going great but he started at LMU in his senior yr! Give Duncan time.

Reply #531190 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I remember hearing about Duncan, and in the hype of every other good young Australian I haven't heard of him for ages... So I agree with your point anon.

Is he a PF? A look at his stats show for his career 298 of his 376 shots have come from behind the 3 point line....

Yeesh.... that's a flat out nothing but 3 point shooter. As far as college PFs go that's pretty unusual, unless he's playing the 3? I thought he was a big bodied PF too...

Reply #531203 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He is a flat out shooter. Period.

Reply #531205 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

No doubt... I just wonder how far that gets you. Especially if you can't guard anyone

Reply #531306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yeesh.... that's a flat out nothing but 3 point shooter. As far as college PFs go that's pretty unusual, unless he's playing the 3? I thought he was a big bodied PF too..."

Me too. Thought he was a rebounding pf who could shoot a bit.

I wonder what his ceiling is? Like Europe? Or will probably end up in the NBL?

Reply #531488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754