Mick
Years ago

Crocs sign Mitch Young

http://www.crocodiles.com.au/article/id/1q3b93njrzmu41vrg48o1qxhu0

2 year deal. Joins Mitch Norton as only contracted Crocs players for this season.

Topic #37229 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think you'll find another Taipan has signed with them...

Reply #532259 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Care to elaborate...?

Reply #532261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Young? Wow. Did they use their marquee spot for him? Huge signing.

Poor Crocs. They are gonna suck hard this season.

Reply #532262 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Well it's hard to tell, considering they only have two players signed so far.

Having said that, I have zero faith in Dennis as a coach, so I'm going to be erring on the side of "wooden spoon contention".

Reply #532264 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Losing Blanchfield is massive though. I think he was poised to have an MVP-contention calibre season.

Reply #532265 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Great signing imo, would be taking holmes minutes I imagine and taking some pressure off Conklin (assuming he re-signs).

Reply #532270 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Was fairly obvious Fearne saw no future for him in Cairns by the end of the season. I just hope the rumours of Wortho going to Cairns aren't true.

Reply #532278 | Report this post

dman  
Years ago

Crocs have another three already signed but are releasing in time like a drip feed to keep intrest up, silly if you ask me. As for wooden spoon I doubt it probably not top 4 material but got more heart and soul than some of the bigger clubs, just look at united last year ha. Adelaide for wooden spoon.

Reply #532287 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Sorry but I can't see Blanchfield putting up Ced Jackson numbers on a consistent basis.

Reply #532309 | Report this post

Larry K  
Years ago

Fortunately, you don't need to put up those numbers to be MVP.

Reply #532312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, we'll swap you Gleeson to have Dennis back at Perth.

Deal?

Reply #532317 | Report this post

Moo moo  
Years ago

Making room for Jerome hill I wonder, would be nice to have the local lad back.

Reply #532330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs are going to be horrible. No Blanchfield, no Conklin, many of the dud rotation back for next year. At least they'll move back to the Swamp though...not that many will show up to watch the train wreck.

Reply #532335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta feel for the Crocs losing Conklin & Blanchfield and possibly Gladness too.

Reply #532336 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gladness and Conklin are no big losses. Easily replaceable. Blanchfield is not replaceable.

Reply #532388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not often you'd say that losing the league MVP is no big deal but on this occasion I have to agree.

Reply #532391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leon Henry has signed

Reply #532438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754