Beantown
Years ago

GSW @ CAVS Game 4

All I have to say is OMFG Steve Kerr. Going small to start the game, especially when Green has a bad back. Have you lost your mind?

Topic #37245 | Report this topic

Lack of Minutes  
Years ago

Bogut to play less than 15 in this game

Reply #532458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're up at the moment. Real stupid line up...

Reply #532459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going small may not be the best option (although its worked well after a slow start) but Bogut needed to be benched.

Reply #532460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost his mind or a great change? GSW far more mobile today and doing a great job on the defensive end.

Reply #532461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost his mind or a great change? GSW far more mobile today and doing a great job on the defensive end.

Reply #532462 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

Against TT and Mozgov they can't afford to stay small the whole game. TT will get every offensive rebound if they do

Reply #532463 | Report this post

Lack of Minutes  
Years ago

This will be the lead in to Bogut having an issue and not being available for the NZ series.

Fatigued after along season and needing to rest and re-charge the batteries for next season.

Reply #532465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Delly stay in front of anyone in the league 1v1?

Reply #532466 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Man, I thought the Warriors were going to be down big by the end of the 1st the way they started the game.

I'll give Kerr credit, going small has finally allowed them to control the pace of the game.

I still feel it was an unnecessary risk to start the game though. That's a lot of pressure on an injured Green to try to hold his ground against Mozgov and I think they could still have pushed the pace with Bogut out there, they'd just need to sub him earlier.

Reply #532467 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Tell you what, Bogut is not moving well out there. He looks unfit to me. I would get Lee or Speights back in to close out the half.

Thinking back to the way Bogut played against Duncan just before he joined the NBA, does anyone else agree that probably his biggest mistake after being drafted was to bulk up too much?

I feel like both he and Longley lost a lot of their mobility and put too much pressure on their frames by overdoing the muscle and would have had better, healthier careers with a more balanced weights program.

Reply #532473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm going for warriors but there have been done strange calls their way so far

Reply #532474 | Report this post

The Captain  
Years ago

Joey is ruining this game. He is the only one blowing his whistle out there, he's yelling at players to 'Shut Up' and generally making it all about him.
That tool should never be refereeing a final.

Reply #532475 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Delly tray!

Reply #532488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then asks to get taken out. Lebron plays 150 of 162 minutes so far and you hit a 3 and need a break.

Reply #532490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Somehow the Cavs are still close enough to make a game of this. Ref's are killing them early but that should even out. Warriors shooting much better, but this could go down to the wire.

LeBron hurt bad with that head cut, where is the head band, come on man fire up?

Reply #532499 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Mozgov not getting the calls his way today, ref's are seeing it differently, or at least the bald one is.

Cavs need more from Shumpert and Smith if they are going to get close enough today...

Delly giving it all he has, but obviously not at 100% and James isn't himslef either, but he will come back in the final quarter I predict.

That ally-oop to James from Delly in the third could fire them up though, now a 3 point game and the crowd going nuts again!

Reply #532501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't like the guy but Dellys alley passes are heavenly to watch

Reply #532502 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

These Cavs ... how do they keep hanging around like this.
Loving their fight.

Reply #532503 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I still don't like Kerr's lack of subs. His team look flat again in the 3rd. They need to get the tempo going their way again. I would be rotating the bigs frequently and telling them to work their butts off.

Reply #532506 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

A six point lead going into the final quarter is huge, especially if Golden State can get the early score to start the fourth.

Having said that, it is only 6 points and a whole quarter to go, anyone's game right now if the Cav's have anything left in their tank that is...

If not, GSW will increase on their lead and win well, let's hope the Cav's can find something!

Reply #532508 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

I'm calling overtime agan. And for the Warriors to win. This series needs to go to game 7!

Reply #532510 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

As a Warriors fan, I would like to think that fatigue will play a big part in the final quarter. The Warriors have to make that a factor though, by upping their intensity. None of this passive bullshit, go out and leave it all on the floor.

Reply #532512 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not the way that last quarter started it won't be...

Just what I was hoping wouldn't happen, GSW looking the goods with Lebron on the bench, Delly missing shots and Shumpert, Smith and Co. turning it over.

Golden State running the floor well, making it look easy at the moment, unless the momentum can turn, the game is over and we go to Oakland 2-2!

Reply #532513 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My reference to @Orbs...

Reply #532515 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not O/T, not even close at the moment...

Reply #532517 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

Yeah because the refs won't help Cavs come back.

Though now they're up 12 of course no overtime

Reply #532518 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Shumpert and Smith, right now they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat! Killing me to watch them...

Mozgov, James and Delly are trying, but they need these two to fire up next game IMHO!

Reply #532520 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Igoudulla is having some bloody good game, isn't he???

Reply #532521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shumpert + Smith + Delly = 7/32

Reply #532522 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, Iggy has been top notch. Has been the Warriors best player all series by a long way.

Reply #532524 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Great game GSW. Shump and JR need to step up man!

Reply #532529 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Great game GSW. Shump and JR need to step up man!

Reply #532530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs 7 man rotation hurt them today

Reply #532531 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

Did not expect a bench clearing blowout at all haha. Terrible call by myself

Reply #532532 | Report this post

currywitdashot  
Years ago

Warriors got them worked out. All over - GSW in 6.

Reply #532542 | Report this post

Lack of Minutes  
Years ago

Bogut to not [play many more minutes this series. Possible Trade Bait??

Reply #532546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He anchored a league-best defence all season. I don't think the Warriors will give up on him just because the Finals weren't the best matchup for him. There are a few teams in the West that they wouldn't be keen to face without Bogut.

Reply #532553 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Watching it now and two things are clear - LeBron & Delly are stuffed, and the refs are crap like they were in game 2, with some wrong and inconsistent calls.

Having said that, though, GSW finally playing like they did most of the season.

If I heard right, Delly is only the 3rd undrafted player in NBA history to get 20 in a finals game, and he didn't do it in junk time either. Awesome!!

Reply #532608 | Report this post

gwb<3delly  
Years ago

Fun fact: today Mozgov became the fourth to do it

Reply #532611 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Bogut to Knicks. Yes please

Reply #532653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That would be such a Knicks thing to do!

Reply #532659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just do not understand why the Cav's didn't go deeper into their bench to help give Delly and James some chance to recover, either for a last quarter effort or at least to give them some rest before game 5 and the bench some court time?

Reply #532757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because most of their bench are now their starters. Look at who is left on their bench after the jr smith/ shumpert/ james jones bench rotation they're using:

Kendrick Perkins is the biggest spud in the NBA
mike miller can't run without holding his back in pain
Shawn Marion is healthy but old and was injured all year
Joe Harris is a rookie

Cavs just don't have a bench they can go to

Reply #532760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No matter how awful we may have thought game 4 was, the reality is the team as it stands should not have even made it to the finals and the Kyrie bowed out all together. Imagine if Iggy and Thompson were out in the same situation for Warriors. Could Mr MVP pull off what James has ? No... so regardless of the outcome as James knows what they have achieve so far is pretty bloody awesome and the title would be like having hot fudge on top of already the best tasting icecream you've never expected to get from the supermarket freezer... I'm just grateful for the best playoff, finals series in Yonks. I know everyone loves GSW but the outside game of popping mega 3's is just plain old boring, this series has had some guts and glory and I like it. Thanks Cavs, thanks Le Bron, pure outside shooters bore me to death, give me a battle to the basket and some gritty defence anyday..

Reply #532761 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754