Anonymous
Years ago

Excuses for Delly

People can start listing them here now or after the game. I'll start.

He didn't get to have his pre-game coffee.

Topic #37246 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How on earth does this guy think he can start mouthing off to the refs or other players after literally 4 good games in his career. Hope someone absolutely wrecks him today

Reply #532468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who says Delly isn't fast?

This is probably the quickest transition from hero to zero in the NBA.

Reply #532469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you can't injure legs may as well try hurting their feelings

Reply #532471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steph iso on Delly = guaranteed 2 points each play

Reply #532476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's only human. No one can maintain 37%FG and 17%3P over the course of a whole series!

Reply #532477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

De-ceast mode

Reply #532478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steph is the MVP and one of the premier scorers in the league. There would be something really wrong if Delly was able to shut him down for an entire series. Curry is gonna get his, all that Delly has to do is make it hard.

He`s gonna cop a whole heap of hate the moment that it doesn`t all go in his favour. Yet has he once pumped himself up? The media makes him out as a hero and then they will enjoy tearing him down saying I told you so.

Reply #532479 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Lol so much anon hot air

Reply #532481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes because your name is actually just Jono. You're no different champ.

Reply #532482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hits on a couple of 3s early in the half

Reply #532483 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Slight difference mate. You and all other anons hide behind one another. Bit KKK style if you ask me!

Reply #532496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one asked you you clown

Reply #532498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still not at 100% after game 3

Despite saying he is and having no minutes restrictions

Ps is that better Jono?

Reply #532504 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Lol good work my friend :)

Reply #532507 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

Think the main thing is that Steph has refound the form that won him the MVP award.

Dellys definitely not 100% fit. Steph needs to run him around and tire him out when they're both out there and get his cramps to flare up

Reply #532509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jono, that isn't the reason I stay anonymous. Its because this place is notorious for people playing the man, not the ball when they see a user/username they don't like.

Reply #532519 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Full of cowards and haters this place

Reply #532523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short of Mozgov none of the Cavs have had a good game so for once I'm not gonna get into that into Delly. Still had a better game statistically than his season averages so I'll leave him alone

Reply #532525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope GWB didn't use all his tissues to wipe up after game 3.

Reply #532526 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Ahh C C unfortunatly there are those that talk the talk. My experience tho is they can rarely walk the walk. Anyway I see yr point :)

Reply #532527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's from Victoria. He needs a coffee before starting work.

Reply #532528 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Delly has to be the best thing for guys like JR Smith etc, no one talking about their lack of contribution etc, all about how Delly and Lebron didn't carry the team (so weird thinking about that sentence)

Reply #532533 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Someone used my name and I don't really appreciate it. He had a bad game after being on IV all yesterday for cramps. And by Lebrons standards, he had a shit game too. So what? I find it ridiculous that people on this forum go out of their way to hate on him so much. If there is an Australian in the finals series that deserves scorn it is Andrew Bogut.

Reply #532534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

right. so GWB goes out of his way to hate on those he believes are hating on delly. lack of life, lack of knowledge... should we continue?

Reply #532568 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Give him a go, he went off with cramps today for a bit and looked absolutely spent all second half. I think going from 15 minutes to 40 minutes would be almost impossible even for a professional especially when playing multiple games.

Think of it as running hard for 2km then someone telling you, go run 8km right now and keep the same pace. Oh and you have to keep that insane effort up for the next 6 games straight.

Reply #532570 | Report this post

Chi  
Years ago

I don't think it's just the extra minutes as he's had games before where he's played big minutes, it's also the way he's playing them, Finals always ups the ante. Has to go all out in trying to deny Curry so that is obviously taking its toll along with hardly leaving the floor.

As a fan it's hard to watch him labour as I don't think I've ever seen it before, but eg in Game 3, he was still the first to the ball when it counted, but you could see the ones where his legs just wouldn't get him there/in front of Curry etc. Hope he gets the most recovery he can out of the extra day's rest and is looking back to normal for Game 5

Reply #532587 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

so proud of how Delly has played. Good on him and where has JR, Shump and co been this serious. if Delly can score 10 and chip in with 4ass and play tenacious D, then he has done his job. Jr and Shump need to be the other main scorers behind LBJ who btw had a very ordinary game. Man boggy looks a complete different player to that year at the bucks where he was ave about 15,11,2.

Reply #532600 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'd love to hear his excuse for only being the third or fourth best player on a team that is 2-2 in the NBA Finals. Inexcusable really.

Reply #532632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell be back to 6 or 7th where he belongs soon enough when all the injured players the Cavs have out come back. Until then he is doing very well and earning himself a nice little payrise while he gets opportunities

Reply #532636 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sixth or seventh on one of the best club basketball teams in the world is pretty darn good.

Reply #532641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also depends on if JR Smith and Iman Shumpert rebound because you'd have to say they're better. But let's be honest making the 12 man roster and contributing for one of the more elite NBA teams is impressive no matter how you look at it

Reply #532642 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They're certainly not close to him at the moment. No point being good in the regular season if you can't produce in the playoffs. You become valuable to poor teams but not good ones.

Reply #532643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hence, "how they rebound". JR has a 6th Man of the Year award, he's no spud.

At the start of next year with a healthy squad I believe those two will be above him. Right now I wouldn't even consider arguing he's anything below the fourth most important player, and probably top 3.

Reply #532645 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, Smith can hoop, but always question marks over whether he is a numbers guy or a quality player. This series hasn't helped his cause.

Because of his athletic deficiencies, it appears very hard for Delly to be a consistent, big minute NBA player, he just has to play so hard to compete, and his lack of speed negates much of his offensive repertoire.

But he has always been better than he 'should' be by logic like that, and will most likely continue to prove that logic wrong.

Personally, I just hope these experiences will help him rebound from a pretty average WCs, where at times he was our second best PG, and have a good Olympics. He's as important to the Boomers as any other player.

Reply #532646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm the first to admit I'm not a a massive fan of Delly, but he's definitely proved me wrong after writing him off after his average regular season. Hell never run the point as a starter but he's proved he's a decent back up point gaurd/ possible 3&D player with a lot of hard work and definitely good enough for 15-20 minutes a game.

If anything he's made me more interested in watching the Boomers whereas I usually would have been happy just seeing their highlights on the news

Reply #532648 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Curry is still going easy on him and running very few ISOs. There were more in game 4, and that's a major reason why they won, but they could run ISO steph against Delly every time down the floor and get a good look.

Are they going to wear the Cavs down a bit more before they get to that?

Reply #532688 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And can we take a minute to actually address the elephant in the room here: Lebron James. He is going toe to toe with the best team in the world with Delly as his second fiddle. A little different to Dwyane Wade.

That is amazing.

Reply #532689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Cavs lose I have a sneaky suspicion we might see only the second person ever to win a finals MVP on a losing team

Reply #532697 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

He definitely deserves it at this point. It's not even close.

Reply #532699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australia needs much much better players than Dellavedova and Bogut if it ever wants to be able to compete with good European teams in international competition.

Reply #533175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754