Lack of Minutes
Years ago

Cavs @ GSW Game 5

Bogut with the DNP-CD

LeBron on the verge of a Triple Dub at the Half.

Great series so far

Topic #37255 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Smith step up with some points. Now if he xan just have a few less brain fades.

Reply #532818 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The fact that Clay Thompson has had no impact yet worries me, because in a close and tight contest like this it only takes a couple of his shots to go and it may turn the game on its head.

At the moment I also think that James has more in him though...

Reply #532821 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

In the third, I think it is time to see Mozgov on for Thompson and Delly needs a breather, maybe Miller time for a few minutes??

Reply #532822 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Tome out in the fourth, splash brothers getting hot, looks bad for Cav's to me...

Reply #532830 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

...Time out...

Reply #532831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they should put Delly back in? Can't improve on 5 points 1 assist if you've sat on the bench all game.

Oh wait what he's played 35 minutes????

Reply #532834 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Warriors too good today, let's see if the Cav's can get a home win and take it to game seven...

Yes, still 3 minutes to go now and I am calling it!

Reply #532836 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The great LeBron finally appears to have run out of help from his rag-tag bunch of teammates.

Reply #532838 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Delly just retire. You'll never recover from absolute embarrassment you've received today

Reply #532839 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Too true @XY, too true...

Reply #532840 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Unfair GWB, very harsh on him, yes he missed a lot of shots today but what more can he do on D than that???

Steph does that to everyone, do you want the whole league to retire every time he embarrasses his opponent, come on man!

Reply #532841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever is impersonating GWB should stop.

Delly is a -16 tonight in 33 minutes. Thats woeful.

Reply #532842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come the excuses

He didn't do it in the first couple of game. Delly needs to take off his roller blades and try staying in front of steph

Reply #532843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how many calls for James on the drive given the amount he has taken and his 40 plus points. Yes GSW shooting well but again where would they be without 2 of their stars, say Thompson and Iggy so put it in to perspective people. And I challenge any player to have Curry to guard through a series and and 2nd up after the 1st up PG is out injured. You are a bunch of Nuff Nuff criticising given the circumstances..GSW should be grateful Cavs have the injuries or it may be a different story.

Reply #532844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, Delly should stay in front of Steph.

He needs to watch you sad bastards and learn how its done right? He is playing in the NBA finals right now, but you have every right to shit can him cause you're vastly superior.

Reply #532845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he's only out there for his defense and he can't defend then what good is he to a team really

Reply #532846 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

He is only out there because their starting point guard and US international is injured.

Reply #532847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But as someone just said he's in the NBA? Surely if you're in the NBA you should be able to step up

Reply #532848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But you could right. Curry has averaged what on Dellavadova?

He's doing a shit load better than nearly every other player this year, but because he isn't someone who puts himself and his numbers ahead of his team the 17 year old hero's want to bag him.

When you get a game in any professional sport, then you might earn the right to criticise someone playing at the elite level.

Reply #532849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dumb comment. Compared to NBA players he should be playing SEABL

Reply #532850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right, so from now on, only NBA players are allowed to make comments on this forum. Gotcha.

Reply #532851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dumber comment. "Compared to NBA players"...He is an NBA Player. Clown.

You play what?? Club basketball or social.

Reply #532852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs locker room smelling like French fries right now after how well Steph torched that spud

Reply #532853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're right guys we should only be supporting Delly

You missed all those 3s but nearly all of them almost went in and that one that didn't even hit the ring was really close to hitting the ring

You played really good defence, Steph only hit 6 threes on you

You were only -19, I mean Tristan Thompson is a way better player and he was -22 so you did really well keeping your - down

How's that

Reply #532855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was pretty clear after game 2 that he wasn't capable of sustaining the kind of effort that got him the results in that game. No one in the league could play with Delly's effort level for 35+ minutes over a 7 game series, he should be playing 15 minutes a night max. Some guys in the NBA can 'step up' but Delly's barely good enough to be in the NBA in the first place, he only hangs on through effort. If his effort level to be a 9th or 10th man is 100%, how much more is he going to be able to give a team when he's starting?

If more talented guys were prepared to work as hard as Delly, there's no way he could play in the NBA. So, my perspective is, you can pick apart his game for its flaws and limitations, or you can admire someone who's made it to where he is without a lot of the natural physical advantages enjoyed by those around him. I'd prefer to do the latter.

Reply #532859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kahwi. Tony Allen. Joakim Noah. Lebron. Paul George. Nic batum.

Please stop saying Delly is the hardest worker and that no one could keep up his level of effort for 35 minutes. It's ridiculous

Reply #532861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That list is bull. MAYBE Noah. None of the others. They might be more effective, but they're not trying harder.

Reply #532866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh good, someone who doesn't actually watch basketball.

You're right, kawhi doesn't need put any effort in his game to be first choice on offense and the best defender in the game.

Lebron definitely hasn't displayed any effort playing 40+ minutes each game carrying benchwarmers to two wins against a healthy warriors team

Paul George is so obviously the best defender and offensive player on the pacers but he's lazy as anything, doesn't put any effort into his play.

Tony Allen doesn't defend the best offensive player on each team each and every game.

Dellys effort levels for players who play 10-15 minutes a game might be the best I can admit that. Im not saying he doesn't put 110% into every play. But nowhere close to the top of the list for players who play starters minutes

Reply #532872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm starting to think that Bogut isn't the most important player on this Warriors team.

Reply #532876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm starting to think people are just posting on here without thinking!

Reply #532887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh good, someone who can't make a point without outrageous hyperbole.

Never said those guys don't play with effort. There's pretty broad acknowledgement that Lebron's efforts during the playoffs have been superhuman, and I agree with that general consensus. But Delly makes plays and has made plays throughout the playoffs that most of these guys would not consider making. If you want to call it fearlessness rather than effort, fine.

There's also a big difference between the training effort that Kawhi has put in to improve his handle and shot, and the effort that Delly throws into game situations. So yeah, I genuinely believe Delly plays with more effort than Kawhi. I don't believe Kawhi does what he does without effort (thanks, outrageous hyperbole).

You've also chosen to completely miss my original point, which was that I don't believe anyone in the league can play with Delly's typical effort level for 35 minutes. I don't think Delly can do it for 35 minutes, either, and results so far bear that out.

Reply #532888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly Olynyk. Dude could have injured Green with that move.

Reply #532889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly diving on a ball every now and again = more effort than Lebron averaging a triple double in the finals. Got it

Reply #532891 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Delly is a 'will guy' he is in the league because of his effort, hustle, diving on lose balls, etc.

I dont beleive he is dirty or intentionally hurts anyone, he just goes after it fearlessly putting it all on the line to get the ball/make the play.

IF he didnt do these things, he would be called 'soft' and may not be in the NBA.

If he does these things people call him dirty

What do people want from Delly?

he isnt ever going to be a 'skill' guy like Kyrie Irving and score 20pts a game so he relies on his hustle plays, etc

Reply #532892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Delly can be a bit dirty but I didn't see anything today. He gave someone a bit of a bump in order to get into better rebounding position at one stage but I hardly think that's dirty when the other guys inches taller and many kilos heavier and Delly would have just bounced off him. He pulls draymond down but people get entangled under the basket all the time and there's nothing really in that either.

He wouldn't be called soft for not diving on the ball because no one else does it. Because he does do stuff like that he gets props for doing the little things though which yes might be the sole reason he's still in the league

Reply #532896 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think the Cavs are just too banged up to win this series unfortunately, 7 games v the warriors without your 2 of your 3 best players is tough to get any wins, so i think they have done well in reality,

I personally would play Delly and a few of the Cavs a little less, preserve energy for later in the game, give Marion 10 mins, and throw Joe Harris out there to hit a few open shots for 5-10 mins. That would give Delly a role closer to what he is suited to as a back up pg.

LeBron plays alot of pg on offense anyway so no big deal if Delly doesnt play quite as much.

Reply #532927 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

It'll go to 7. Mark my word!

Reply #532978 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754