Choppy Galopy
Years ago

LeBron should guard Curry

It's not time to die wondering. I'd mix it up , put Bron on Steffff and lets see wot some extra pressure shakes open. Maybe get to the half and try it for the 2nd but I wouldn't let the game get away early.

Want Bron picking him up full crt. Yer it'll tire Bron but it's the last hurrah otherwise. Get on board game strategists and wot do you think..?

Topic #37259 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who does Delly gaurd then? Klay has done far too well on Delly to let him gaurd him all game, Iggy just plain too good for any defender really, and he can't gaurd draymond. That leaves Harrison Barnes who is super athletic and will blow past him way too easily.

Reply #532949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

curry would run lebron ragged in the halfcourt and he's the only source of offence for cleveland. switching against gsw is also a bad move

Reply #532950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron not only has to carry the offense but you also want him to gaurd the best player? Kawhi for the Spurs can do it because he has legitimate options around him but the Cavs do not.

Reply #532951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not much you can do at this point. cars have been brave but too undermanned and the Warriors are just too good a team. Great series, would still love this to somehow get to 7 games!

Reply #532954 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Good points all round. But you have to try something. The current effort has got them so far, pounding the low post did not win the day, In fact far from it.
I want to see the Cavs go for broke.

Reply #532956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Making Lebron use all his energy on D will definitely break him. Give The Matrix some minutes on Steph. He's older now but was a force two years ago

Make Delly shoot about a million threes tomorrow, hopefully he might finally get his eye in. That's to me one reason that they aren't winning: a starter isn't scoring. Basically 4 on 5 out there. Starting point gaurd needs to score more than 5 in 40 minutes. The game he scores 20 they win. Games where he's scored 0, 5 and 9 have been losses

Reply #532959 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Force the Warrior coaching staff to make an adjustment, put some pressure back on the front runner.

Reply #532961 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Matrix has calf injury apparently

Reply #533045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've read that he had one but that Marion believes he is healthy. I think it's more Blatt doesn't want to use someone who has been injured all year is the actual reason he's not out there

Reply #533046 | Report this post

The Captain  
Years ago

Its a risky move but could be worth it.

I'd stay as is and then in the last quarter make the switch. Would throw the Warriors off for a moment or two.

I'd also be tempted to go big if I was Cleveland. They can't compete at the moment, so why not try going big and playing a dump it inside and grind game? The Warriors players will be feeling nervous and that impacts on their shooting form.

I think if Cleveland keep it the same they will get blown out.

Reply #533063 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Good call Choppy, Cavs need to pull out all the stops now. I would rather see Lebron cut back a few minutes and guard Steph at least on some possessions and force some bad shots.

Reply #533090 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LeBron is too useful to the Cavs elsewhere on the floor; Curry would wear him down beyond exhaustion otherwise. Delly is their best bet on Curry, it's just that Curry is going to burn anyone who tries to stop him (see: MVP season).

There were a couple of plays in the last game where Delly stuck with Curry as best as almost anyone could, and Curry still got the shot off and in. If he had length, it'd help, but GSW have that with Iguodala, Green, Thompson, etc.

Reply #533144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he did a few times and curry shot in his face...

Reply #533299 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754