Isaac
Years ago

36ers sign ex-Taipan Nathan Sobey

I know it's been mentioned in other threads, but I figure signings are worth a dedicated thread and I finally have wifi after a week in Yellowstone. From Boti:

Former Cairns Taipans development guard Nathan Sobey, 24 and 193cm, who posted excellent numbers at Wyoming University, has signed.
Here are Sobey's stats in spot minutes last season as a back-up.

Also in the same article:
The Sixers have Daniel Johnson and Mitch Creek signed for 2015-16 and are close to finalising deals with captain Adam Gibson and power forward Anthony Petrie.

Topic #37272 | Report this topic

GTS  
Years ago

Word on the grapevine was that if Taipans retained Shaun Bruce he was heading elsewhere . Im guessing we will be hearing of Bruce signing for taipans soon

Reply #533146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your grapevine is wrong, he had an offer with Cairns, an option with Adelaide and one other NBL team a little to the West. Adelaide was the best fit for his game, hence the three year deal.

The real grapevine might have seen an Adelaide player no longer there.

Reply #533147 | Report this post

sammy  
Years ago

GTS never said Cairns weren't going to re-sign him. He merely stated that if Bruce re-signed, he was looking at his options

Reply #533163 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

He's got a good attitude to the game and shows little fear. I'm not sure if that fits in with the laid back Adelaide culture.

Reply #533221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When are the 36ers going to announce this? It's been rumoured for some time.

Reply #533284 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

this kid has great foot speed and hops, watched a Marlins game the other day and one of his shot blocks was as good as you will see...anywhere!

Reply #533320 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Good young player, little rough around the edges but has a lot of guts and stays calm. If I remember correctly, his first run out for the Taipans he calmly drained a three from the corner within about 6 seconds of coming on.

Reply #533332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754