Anonymous
Years ago

NCAA rules - Coach and Recruits Contact

My understanding is that there are certain times of the year when NCAA coaches are not allowed to contact potential recruits.
Is any one aware of what these rules are or where I can find out more on NCAA recruiting rules?
Thanks

Topic #37286 | Report this topic

Anon12  
Years ago

Go to the NCAA website for a start.

Reply #533378 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

Try http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/recruiting.
They have calenders which show the specific dates. Just gone through all this as a parent. The schooling side is the area of greatest concern. The Australian school system and the US System are not easy bed fellows.

Reply #533417 | Report this post

94Fifty Australia  
Years ago

Try this doc to get your started

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Division%20I%20Recruiting%20Overview%20Chart2014.pdf

Reply #533420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

test

Reply #533422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

icles

Reply #533433 | Report this post

Rabbit 98  
Years ago

The insurance is the big thing to check out. We paid insurance via the college which we believed covered 100% of bills but we found out after 3 visits to a clinic and 2 MRIs (done twice because they buggered up the first one) The bill came to US $12,780!!!!!
No overnight stays just visits and for a stomach complaint nothing super major. Insurance covered most of it but we still had to pay US $800.
It was then that we found out the insurance covers 100% only if it happens on the bball court or training. And only 80% everywhere else. (does not explain why we didn't pay more than $800 for above...we didn't argue as it should have been more.
If you fall over and break an ankle on the way to Walmart it could cost you thousands.....

Reply #533714 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

So, what's the answer to that one @Rabbit 98?

I am aware that a full scholarship that covers insurance and health includes a statement where in certain circumstances you may have to pay the remaining 10 - 20% of medical fees, but how do you insure that gap?

Reply #533837 | Report this post

Rabbit 98  
Years ago

We covered it under credit card travel insurance. Got a supplementary card for him and booked his flight with it and covered him for 4 months. They said it would cover it but luckily never had to test it.

Reply #534036 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

What conference is your kid going to Big V? It is a huge opportunity isn't it...

Reply #534061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754