Baz
Years ago

Disgusted

Disgusted you are a pansy. Making outlandish statements about people and then you had the oppurtunity to discuss issues on an open forum on Talking Hoops last night and you chickened out. I guess it is easier to make posts under a pseudonym than speak to people directly and get explanations. You are a soft option.

Topic #3729 | Report this topic

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Perhaps his speakers are busted and he could not hear when Belly was on.

Reply #43356 | Report this post

disgusted  
Years ago

baz - thanks again for destroying any creditabilty you may have had by resorting to name calling.

I wasn't even going to reply to this, considering you cannot even spell the word disgusted, but here goes.

Do i need to remind you when you first asked me to call (#43038)
i replied

"i have to work tommorrow night."

turns out i was busy (at work), and couldn't even listen. I mi9ssed the entire show.

Nothing i said was outlandish, it was all factual. The game was taped if you require proof.

I have said all i wanted to on the subject, turns out alot of people think swearing is acceptbale, and perhaps he did "stumble" over the speaker.

I refuse to believe swearing is or should be part of our game, and i will continue to think less of those that do. It separates those with a vocabulary, from those without. Those with self-restraint from those without. Thsoe with respect, and those without. And the sailors from the land-lubbers.

The speaker 'kick', showed a lack of respect for other people's property, and i've lost alot of respect for him as a player and as a person. It is dissapointing this became the main thread for the game, as i started this separate thread in an attempt not to detract from the great game that it was.

Best of luck to Bob in his future endevours, and Eastern this Sat against Sturt.

Reply #43358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know what happened previously (in past post regarding this subject) but I have to agree with #43358 (disgusted) that the use of profanities is unacceptable and is bring the game into disrepute; weather it is a senior competition or juniors.

When he kicked the speaker, was it damaged in anyway or are you just blowing the situation out of proportion? It's one thing to kick something and damage it and just to lightly tap it and have the situation enflamed to the point of control.

Reply #43365 | Report this post

Baz  
Years ago

Congratulations Pope Disgusted. For the record people do make spelling mistakes even your great self as you cant spell those.

Continue to sit on the sidelines and bag those that are out there playing with passion and endeavour it obviously stimulates you. You did say you were going to call last night but you have the chance to call again for future shows if you have issues to vent.

Reply #43366 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Author Identities - Disgusted is obviously Jesus Christ.

Preach to me! Amen brother!

Reply #43372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tad harsh baz he did spell those right in places the other was a typo

and don't go casting first stones we are all guilty of typos

and whilst you are still on your pulpit Pope Baz what about the ability of free speech

I assumed that disgusted was allowed his point of view. It doesn't necessarily have to agree with yours.

what a sad world we would live in without debate

Reply #43376 | Report this post

Baz  
Years ago

Anon

I didnt cast the first stone. Disgusted said he wasnt going to respond as the word disgusted was misspelt by me.

Of course debate is allowed but instead of sensationalising issues how about getting the facts straight first. I encourage anyone who wants to debate the issue to speak to Mr Bell on taking Hoops and thrash it out once and for all.

Reply #43378 | Report this post

Ray  
Years ago

Anon and Disguted are obviously related. I look forward to your next sermon. Bax is spot on the mark. There is planty of oppurtunity to bury this issue once and for all. I encourage both of you to do so and get some closure.

Get your facts right and preach to those who care brother.

Reply #43379 | Report this post

disgusted  
Years ago

baz - 'disgusted' (in this case) is my name. I dont profess to being perfect, last time i checked, missed isn't spelt with a 9.

You are making this unnessiarily personal

" sit on the sidelines and bag those that are out there playing"

when i play there is no crowd, but i still try to vent my passion in positive ways. There is still no reason to swear.

(Mod: "missed isn't spelt with a 9" - hehehe)

Reply #43384 | Report this post

Dragon  
Years ago

Disgusted get a life you are a joke

Reply #43420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dragon - back it up

Reply #43421 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

ATT MOD - you missed the misspelled 'unnessiarily'(sic) in (#43384)... surely this is more humorous than the fact 'missed' isn't spelled with a '9'.
And is 'spelt' actually a word?

Reply #43440 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Sorry if this posted twice - PC problems.

"Disgusted" - I tried to stay out of this but before you get hung out to dry, let me say I'm with ya.

I think it's a bit harsh to label Belly after just one incident (and a minor one too). We've all done silly things in our time, and I'm just as sure that we've regretted them too.

Re swearing, I agree that it isn't needed and excuses of football-culture, finals etc are poor. Then again, for those that know me, this should come as no surprise.

Reply #43459 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

yawns loudly...

Reply #43466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spelt2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (splt)
v.
A past tense and a past participle of spell1.

Reply #43479 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Baz, is your life so boring that you need to get your excitement out of starting a new thread dedicated to rubbishing a person for his/her dignified beliefs. There is no place for swearing in sport. There are many people offended by this and should not be subjected to it. Just because you have no problem with it, others do. It does not make them a pansy. The game of basketball is exciting enough without having to "spice" it up with swearing. Just put the whole thing to rest and accept the fact that not everyone agrees with you. You are the one that needs to go get a life. If you have any decency in you, you will apologise to Disgusted.

Reply #43498 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

But is 'spelt' spelt with a '2'?

Reply #43543 | Report this post

Ray  
Years ago

EC all I can say is you have obviously never played competition sport of any note.

You and disgusted enjoy giving your sermon this Sunday.

Reply #43552 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Get over it everyone and move on

Reply #43553 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I heard Jason Smith kicked Disgusted's speakers in

Reply #43812 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I heard Brett Maher swear once too...

what topic is this again?

Reply #43821 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Stop it you lot, lmao, my tummy hurts :)

Reply #43925 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754