Isaac
Years ago

Gordie: Hawks strayed from their values

Illawarra Hawks coach Gordie McLeod's resignation from the club is a statement against the way staff have been treated over the last 12 month, and he says he no longer felt his values were in line with those at the club.
"It's something that's evolved over the last 12 months - it's been a tough time, especially the club being put into voluntary administration in early March and it's been 12 months since the club went from being community-owned to private ownership.

"It's been very hard and I no longer feel my values and those at the club are in alignment, so in those circumstances it's only appropriate that I move on.

"I was disappointed in the way everyone has been treated."
Full story

Topic #37308 | Report this topic

D4444  
Years ago

Which is why I'm shocked to hear Bevo has signed with them after his past experiences with NBL clubs.

Reply #533941 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I went to that link for the full story Isaac and got a message that the page has been removed... :(

Reply #533946 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

It's still there. Correct URL:
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2015/06/22/4259417.htm

Reply #533948 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Cheers brother!

Reply #533949 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Okay, difficult to make any assessment without details, I hope the new coach can deliver on his promise to 'build an exciting team' and 'continue on the legacy left behind by the previous coach'.

The concern there must be that the previous coach believes his legacy was cut short for whatever reasons that remain confidential, however the privatisation of the club appears to be a factor...

Reply #533952 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Gruber being axed might be a large part

Reply #533966 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Gruber seemed to be one of those players that contributed a lot to the culture of the club.

Cutting him would be akin to cutting Tex Walker from the Crows, or a Williams/Phillips/Ebert/Cahill from Port Adelaide.

Reply #533974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754