Speed44
Years ago

NBA League Pass in the offseason

This is the first season I've had it. Just curious, does anyone know if you still get charged monthly through the offseason, and if so, how do I go about cancelling?

If you don't get charged in the offseason, then disregard the question. Thanks in advance.

Topic #37338 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You sign up for the season for an agreed price. If they break that down in to monthly payments, you don't get to cancel in the off-season.

I'd say their monthly billing would only go for as long as the season does, so maybe you've already paid the annual subscription in six instalments.

Reply #534454 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I signed on for the agreed price of $34 a month. That was the agreement, no lump sum was involved.

Reply #534456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but that is derived from the annual figure. They may have just charged you 8 lots of $34 ($272) so you aren't paying for something in the off-season.

Reply #534457 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Ah, ok cool. Thanks for the help.

Reply #534458 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

If you signed up for a monthly subscription it will auto renew at each month.

Reply #534460 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Ha good luck cancelling it, they don't make it easy!

Reply #534463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they are charging you 12 monthly payments then no, you can't cancel it in the off season and expect not be charged for the remaining four months.

Reply #534464 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

There was never any indication of "12 month agreement". It was purely $34 a month.

Surely they can't charge you a "league pass" when there is no "League"?

Reply #534468 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Well I assume you are signed onto a monthly subscription which auto renews every month. Yes they will charge you during the off-season. Remember there is the NBA Summer League coming up.

Reply #534470 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

They auto charge you each month regardless if the NBA is on. Just email them with a support ticket and cancel it. It's what I do every year.

Reply #534472 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"Surely they can't charge you a "league pass" when there is no "League"?"

Does League Pass provide access to NBA summer league and/or preseason games?

Reply #534474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was wondering this as well. There is no option online to just cancel so yeah I ended up sending them a support ticket to cancel. They say its been done but we'll see.

Reply #534475 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Ok, again, thanks for helping out a noob.

Reply #534476 | Report this post

Daddy J  
Years ago

Email: [email protected] saying you want to cancel your account. I did this a few days ago and received a reply yesterday saying:

---------

Greetings,

The auto-renewal feature on your subscription has been removed. When your current subscription ends , it will not renew. You will not incur any further billing.

Thank you for contacting NBA Game Time subscription support.

Regards,

NBA GAME TIME Support

---------

I usually subscribe using a VPN so it's cheaper. Cancelling before the auto-renew period stops you being charged the full rate. Just before the season starts, I will subscribe again.

Reply #534487 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yeah you can cancel and resubscribe to the monthly charge at anytime. I do it every year.

Reply #534512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers Daddy J! Will do

Reply #534535 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I think it is poor form how the League Pass still renews when the season is over and how they make it hard to cancel. That's not to mention the problems with the footage itself. The NBA should be doing much better in this area.

Reply #534581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been hot and cold with league pass, but I've continued subscribing for the last five years. Ever since I watched it through Apple TV I've had high def streaming with zero buffering, which is such an improvement of the desktop experience, which was nearly watchable at times. Apple TVs the way to go...

Reply #534599 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Yep watched all last season through Apple TV last season. Hardly ever had any issues. Mirror to Apple TV through iPad was great to. NBL tv on the other hand... Did someone say 1990s picture quality and production. $300ish for NBA is a bargain NBL tv was complete rip off at $50.

Reply #534601 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Thanks Daddy J and Dave, much appreciated.

I get it through the NBA Game Time app on Xbox, never had a problem. Can switch between games almost like changing channels on TV. It's been a brilliant service for me, well worth the money IMO. Id recommend it to anyone considering it.

Reply #534603 | Report this post

SanAntonio  
Years ago

If someone is interested, i've a NBA leaugue pass account for sale! An 1 year account for €50,- . If you got any questions, please contact me! [email protected]

Reply #548235 | Report this post

Dlo  
Years ago

Reply #797594 | Report this post

Dlo  
Years ago

Reply #797595 | Report this post

Dlo  
Years ago

Reply #797596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754