Anon
Years ago

Have Knox Basketball settled their legal matters?

Have Knox settled their legal matters? I'm hearing they are stalling and may end up back in court?

Topic #37370 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe watch your comments in this thread or you might have legal matters of your own. Only say what you're willing to defend in court.

Reply #535103 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks so much for the advice Isaac. Didn't realise my comments were legally a problem.

Reply #535114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah because whats said on a forum really matters

Reply #535115 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think i'll pass on this topic!!!

Reply #535118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lawyers got to get paid.

Reply #535120 | Report this post

Hugh J.  
Years ago

Yes agree you have to be careful - I Don't think your comments were too bad but I hope it doesn't encourage others to have a crack at Knox just for the sake of it.
FYI Knox have taken out a loan that should see them settle all their debts and they are going get through the problems they have had.They are negotiating the amount of the legal fees. They have been fortunate to have had some very impressive business people join the board.Knox have been through hell and back and have learnt some hard lessons but they are in good hands now and they WILL be back SOON!!!

Reply #535123 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks Hugh J for update. Hope you are right. All I can say is watch this space. Like to say more but Isaac suggests otherwise. Freedom of speech ain't about being able to tell the facts it would seem.

Reply #535150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I went for the job as ceo about five years ago. So glad they passed on me.

Reply #535152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon,

Freedom of speak is being able to back up your facts and accepting that if you are wrong you will be sued for libel.

Reply #535153 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I thought freedom of speech was saying what you want as long as you don't upset people with facts that may embarrass them?

Reply #535171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon,

Here is a good example compared to your first post.

I have heard that you got caught having sex with a sheep. But as I have no proof I will refrain from posting it on a website until it is a proven fact.

Reply #535185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell us the facts anon. Lets hope you are right. If not you may be sued. That's fair.

Reply #535188 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is sex with sheep illegal in Oz? Love to tell my story but can't. Don't want to upset Isaac and no matter what I say people will howl me down with threats. Perhaps we will have to wait and see how close to the truth my original post is.
Keep your eyes open for further posts as the whole sorry saga continues to drag out.

Reply #535192 | Report this post

Catch  
Years ago

No one actually cares. Living the tale through hoops what a winner you are!

Reply #535194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it's true by all means you can tell it. They still might try and sue you of course.

Reply #535195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is true you will have no issues as you can`t be sued for that. But you would want proof to back up your claims incase it came to that.

Reply #535226 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks Catch love your sentiment. Think I will bite my tongue despite the temptation to put the facts out there.
But if/when this saga hits the courts again just remember I told you so.

Reply #535237 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thanks Catch love your sentiment. Think I will bite my tongue despite the temptation to put the facts out there.
But if/when this saga hits the courts again just remember I told you so.

Reply #535238 | Report this post

fubr  
Years ago

In Victoria, truth (technically, "justification") has always been a complete defence to a defamation action.

However, it is necessary for the defendant to prove that the imputation complained of were true; the plaintiff does not have to prove they were false.

Further, the defendant must prove that the imputations conveyed by the words (not simply the words themselves) are true.

So basically as long as you speak the truth and can prove that what you say is the truth, there is nothing that you cannot write or say.

But be warned: an opinion is not necessarily truth, and saying things like 'in my opinion' is not a defence from defamation.

Reply #535263 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Having been on various forums over a number of years .. I think the "truth" thing is an oversimplification of the matter.

Isaac & other forum owners often wear the burden of legal problems as people type away from seemingly anonymous IPs.

The instigators of these matters( no matter how well intended) .. may or may not wear similar burdens.

btw ... "Truth" is not always the best defence... just ask a certain Sydney based fan who was coerced out of telling the truth about a run in with someone of very high standing in Australian basketball. Now THERE'S lawyers getting paid.

Reply #535356 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Telling the truth or stating facts is frowned upon in Victoria Basketball. I know the truth about Knox but I'm continually threatened for expressing this information. I would love to express what I know but to do so could mean being ostracised for exposing people about the truth.
Let's just sit back and be patient and the facts will be revealed. And I will be able to defend myself and say I told you so.

Reply #535363 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754