cheezeburger
Years ago

Darko to Atlanta

i rumour going around in new york is that the knicks have given up on darko milicic and are willing to trade him for al harrington.the knicks with wallace,wallace,mcdyess,campbell dont have the playing time for him where as he would have a dominate role with the hawks.

as much as a hate darko and pay him out everytime his name is brought up,he is worth the punt i think!

Topic #3738 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats because darko is playing for the pistons.

Reply #43490 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Err, don't you mean the Pistons?

Reply #43491 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

U really Do Mean the Pistion's and a Must potential the kid has .. Is he really worth Losing a proven Player like Al Harrington .. For Some like Darko who has so many question marks over his head ..

Reply #43494 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

i agree no body has seen what he can do i mean it cant be a good sign that pistons are looking to trade him at this early stage of his career that must mean that they don't like what they see

Reply #43521 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If I were the Hawks I'd pull the trigger and get Darko for Harrington.

The Hawks have too many swingmen as it is, so trading Harrington would help in that area, plus it would help the Hawks in the frontcourt where they really suck.

I guess Dumars has to admit at sometime that he screwed the pick (he bypassed Carmelo, Wade, Bosh, Hinrich), but on the other hand all of these players played more minutes in the first 3 months of their NBA careers than Darko has played in two seasons.

Give the lad some minutes and I'm sure he'll produce. It's a good trade.

Reply #43550 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

cheeze, check this out. Make sure you are sitting down, I don't want you to faint...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2023&item=7171995849&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Reply #43584 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I wonder just how dominant the Pistons would have been if they had picked up Wade, Carmello etc and then traded him for a solid vet after seeing what they can do.

Big stuff up there detroit (but they won a title, nearly 2)

Not sure about big Al....what was his year like (any player can score 10+ on a hawks team though).

Where would he fit in Detroits system?

Reply #43626 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

darko milicic would of been the number 1 pick in this years nba draft if he had entered in draft 05.according to various rumours.

Reply #43682 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

thedoctor, the fabric looks like like it was made out of tea towels.no thanks.

Reply #43683 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

this thread has died because darko has just signed on for a contract extension for 2 more years.

ps can the hawks hurry up and sign someone!we only have 4 or so players under contract so wtf are they doing.

Reply #43914 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Not necessarily, sign and trade is still on. If Darko hasn't done anything come All Star game then I suspected he will be shipped...

Reply #43928 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

a question,rudy gay is the projected 1st pick in the 2006 nba draft.rudy is a sf(a scotty pippen type player).if the hawks get the 1st pick will they draft yet another sf and play a starting 5 of GFC'S??

Reply #43930 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think 2006 is looking to be a weakish draft compared to this year. This could be a year where someone trades the No 1 pick.

2007 is the year where the Hawks wanna win.

Reply #43951 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That's the year Oden comes out and will destroy the league... The second coming of Shaq.

Reply #43953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darko Milicic started, had 17 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks against the Hawks in the 81st game of this season ... I know it's only one game, and it was against the Hawks, but I'm sure if he was given say 10 minutes a game regularly he could prove himself ... I mean, look at the amount of time Indiana has spent on Jonathan Bender ... He's had 6 years in the league and hasn't shown much in comparison to his potential ... Al Harrington averaged about 17 pts 8 reb and 3 ast this season for those who want tho know ... He would demand minutes in Detroit, where they already have Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Darvin Ham, and now Jason Maxiel who are similar players in terms of position ... so I'm unsure exactly where he woulda fit in if the trade did happen

Reply #44032 | Report this post

yo mama  
Years ago

yo u fools dont know what u talking about i dont think oden will be great cuz i dont

Reply #44404 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

Darko will be a good player and im sure that Joe knows wat he is doin. The Pistons already have a strong team without Darko stepping on the court so if they do allow Darko to settle into there team this season that could make the pistons even stronger. All he need is time on the court- potential and all this other crap dont mean nuthin unless u actually get the experience of playing on the court, so plese Larry Brown put Darko on the court.

Reply #44842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754