Dazz
Years ago

STILL No Bullets OR TV Deal?

These were supposedly high priorities under Marvin, and nothing.
Then Wade was making then a priority, and nothing.

We're now approaching the half-way mark of Kestleman's "100 day Plan" and have still heard nothing.

Pretty much have to assume Brisbane is dead for another season (thanks for all the empty promises guys)
but where does that leave the TV deal?

NB: I'm not judging Kestleman. To me it just shows that all efforts prior to his arrival have amounted to nought, and perhaps his "100 day plan" was overly ambitious.

Topic #37382 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Brisbane has been out of the equation for this season for quite some time now.

Reply #535357 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah Dazz not sure if you've been living under a bridge but Bullets not happening this season. Have some patience re the TV deal, 100 day plan i just that 100 days, not 45ish.

Reply #535358 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

The Bullets bid was officially dead before LK came in. You try getting a TV deal and bringing in a new club in 50 days!

Its been well stated that the NBL would be an 8 team league again this season for a while now.

For me the only person that made such a public promise for Brisbane was Fraser Neill in the last preseason. No one else has said anything with such conviction.

Reply #535359 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I don't know about what Kestleman has directly and tangibly brought to the league since his appointment/venture with the NBL, but it appears to have brought a considerable amount of confidence to club owners.

Townsville and Wollongong are back, with the latter making some very nice moves towards fielding a competitive team this season. Sydney have brought back Khazzouh AND Childress (something I thought to be near-impossible). Melbourne look impressive on paper thus far. Cairns have retained their core for the years ahead, and added Worthington to the mix. I'm just waiting on massive announcements any day now from Perth and New Zealand.

Given the apparent optimism from clubs, I'm confident that Kestleman will deliver on a reasonable TV deal - something that was far from a certainty a few short months ago!

Reply #535360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz a bit premature with his speculation

Reply #535423 | Report this post

shootingblanks  
Years ago

The QLD Govt had a real opportunity to contribute something special for both netball and basketball when they recently announced funding for the new $30 million sports facility at Nathan.

Unfortunately the shortsighted bastards have decided to make it netball only, which has probably put the nail in the coffin for any future Bullets bid.

Reply #535688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly talk of Brisbane being in the CBL.

Reply #535697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754