Isaac
Years ago

Illawarra Hawks sign Tyson Demos

The Illawarra Hawks are pleased to announce tenacious guard and local Illawarra product Tyson Demos will return to the club the 2015/16 NBL campaign.

Demos' signing not only shows new Head Coach Rob Beveridge’s intentions to keep local talent at the club but also the type of style we can expect from his team.

Demos was one of the first players coach Beveridge identified as a 'must have’ and says he loves the intensity Tyson brings to a game, especially on the defensive end.
Full article

Topic #37387 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Seems like good news is building at the Hawks for next season, NBL looks to be heading for a positive start with most clubs having signed some decent players.

I like what I am reading of late...

Reply #535415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is good to see the recent signings and re-signings of late but its no different to any of the signings we've seen in the past two seasons.

Reply #535419 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Time will tell, anon^ time will tell...

Reply #535420 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Annon. Except that the Hawks now have a legit big and that rebounding and rim protection has been biggest shortcoming for a long time.

The import spots will ultimately decide how much better they are. Top class and they are in the mix. I'll fitting midgets like last year not so much.

Reply #535425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Time will tell, anon^ time will tell..."

Time will tell if the recent signings are as big as the signings in each of the past two off seasons? I'm pretty sure I can make that call now - they are on par with what we've seen in recent seasons.

Reply #535433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If demos isn't their 10th man signing then what position will they look to sign a 10th man in?

Reply #535438 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Ogilvy has to be one of the Hawks' best signings in recent memory, so considering that they've managed to retain the more talented players from last season in Martin and Forman, especially after everything that went down, as well as signing a championship winning coach who would have been well within his right to be very cautious coming in after what he'd experienced with a budget team at teh Spirit and overcontrolling management at the Wildcats, I'd say that's well above par...

With his low rating and loyalty discount, isn't Demos' points rating 0 anyways?

Just because he's not signed last, doesn't mean that he won't be the 10th spot player... Event hat's a big step up for him for what situation he was in last season...

Reply #535462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'd say that's well above par..."

I'm talking the whole league, as per Bear's comment about the NBL having a positive start with most clubs making decent signings.

Reply #535465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if he is a 'must have' on any NBL roster although its good to have a local, hard working player on the team who can play a role.

Reply #535466 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754