Anonymous
Years ago

Lakers plans 2015/16 season

What does anyone think the Lakers can do to salvage something from this free agent period to finalise their roster for next season?
Is it worth them trying to get David Lee in a trade or use this season as another rebuild and go with the rookies /low wage players plus Kobe.
I can't see what other options they have. If they could get Lee might make the starting 5 resemble something respectable.
1-Russell
2-Clarkson
3-Kobe
4-Lee
5-Black/ jordan hill on the cheap.

As a lakers fan I'm tying to look at any crazy trades that might save us but have got nothing.
What's any ones else's thoughts that care?

Not really in the mood for smartarse comments just trying to start an educated talk about lakers future.
Cheers

Topic #37396 | Report this topic

Luke  
Years ago

Looks like another rebuild season for them, Can't see kobe getting another ring unless they do something big next off-season or he went and signed with a contender

Reply #535687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem with that is Philly own their pick next year if it falls out of the top 3. Clarkson, Russell and Randle is a nice young core to build around though.

Reply #535690 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Just rebuild through draft picks and wait until Kobe goes. Laker fans should just be patient now for a couple of years and try to develop young players instead of going after washed up guys such as Lee. Worst thing they can do is sign a bunch of mediocre players.

Reply #535693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly right m. The reality is no big names want to come to the place while Kobe is in his twilight because it's a lose/lose situation. It's going to be Kobe's team as long as he's there no matter what level he's able to deliver at. If you come there you're coming to be second fiddle and possibly not be successful anyway. Another decent draft pick to go with the young guys developing then pick up 2 superstars when Kobe's massive salary is freed up.
Don't take this a knock on Kobe either. He's one of my 3 favourite players all time and I don't grudge him the retirement pay after all the joy he's brought me over the years. Who can blame him that massive mismanagement by the organisation in the last few years has left the team and him where they are

Reply #535698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree just ride the year out

Play the three young guys big minutes this year then you have two max contracts available next year but who's available. Think durant and hibbert may be a chance? Or whiteside? Derozan?

Reply #535706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry and add upshaw to the list

Surely the lakers will sign him?

Reply #535707 | Report this post

Cherry Picker  
Years ago

They might be able to get Lee and GSW would probably send some draft picks as well to get his salary off the books. But can he play with Randle or will he take minutes away from him.
I think they went for the home run in terms of trying to sign Aldridge and Jordan. They should have targeted Tyson Chandler that not only would have anchored the defence, would have mentored the rookies and wouldn't have taken Kobes shit. Plus plug in another mid level free agent and wait for the cap to sky rocket and Kobes gone.

Reply #535711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why I'd rather them sign upshaw and play him next year. His 40 minute numbers last year were awesome for an undrafted player.

Forget the upcoming season they're not going to win the championship so get minutes into the 4 young guys.

How well did Clarkson finish off the season?

Reply #535713 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:07 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754