Anonymous
Years ago

Lakers Finally Get Someone

Lakers finally add to their roster besides the draft.

Appears trade for Hibbert is set. I actually think this is a good trade with no risk really. Yes you're paying $15m for a player that had a poor year, but it's only a year and if he can play like he has it may be worth it. Better than the likes of robin Lopez or Kosta koufos

Hibbert can protect the rim and remember two years ago he was the big in probably the best defensive team in the league.

Russell
Clarkson
Bryant
Randle
Hibbert

I hope the lakers still sign Upshaw

Topic #37401 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

If they were trading for the Hibbert of two years ago, this would be a good deal. I don't think that guy exists anymore, though. Hibbert improved his game through pure hardwork, and the way he took it down a notch with George out is concerning. Going to a Lakers team that will most likely be horrible won't help his motivation any...

But hey, it's a 1 year contract. Clippers would've been a better spot for him though - a winning atmosphere.

Reply #535788 | Report this post

BllakeH  
Years ago

As a pacers fan I'm so happy we found a trade. For laker fans I bet they are angry. He really provides nothing anymore. He was very good in a heavy defensive setup but when the Pacers started to tinker with their offence and try and get Hill to be more aggressive he just fell away.

Reply #535792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Lakers fan I'm not angry at this trade. Why would they be

This is a no risk trade that may have reward.

Reply #535799 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I'm just keen to see if Hibbert can get his mojo back in a new environment. Couple of years ago people were raving about his 'verticality' and saying he was changing how NBA teams played defence.

Reply #535801 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I'm just keen to see if Hibbert can get his mojo back in a new environment. Couple of years ago people were raving about his 'verticality' and saying he was changing how NBA teams played defence.

Reply #535802 | Report this post

Cherry Picker  
Years ago

I wonder who will be sent to the pacers, boozer? Lin? For the pacers it's simple addition by subtraction. The downfall of Hibbert a couple of seasons ago was linked by an alleged liason with his wife and star player.
Hopefully with a fresh start he can get back to where he was. It's essentially a no brainer for the lakers, they get him for a year and he comes off the books if he sucks. He can at least be a decent defensive player against the monsters in the west.

Reply #535819 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

And Lou Williams too it looks like.

Reply #535834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Lin or boozer? They're free agents aren't they?

Trade was for a second rounder and rights to international players.

Lou Williams 3 year $21m deal which would seem good for current sixth man of the year, but with Young on the team unsure. Is there going to be a trade for young? I doubt it who wants him!

Reply #535844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754