Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Taipans Re-Sign Scottie Wilbekin

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/gn2xr8s94sup13phpv6qje60r

There's the article /

Honestly thought that this guy would be a one and done type, just because of how good he is, and the money he could get in other leagues. But this great for both the league and the Taipans. He was one of my favourite players last season and its great to have him back.

Topic #37406 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Agree, great news keeps coming for the league this season, seems more than in previous seasons but maybe that is just a perception.

Still, good on him and good for the Taipans...

Reply #535879 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Just wondering, is the money still good in the European leagues? Im just thinking that because of the situation in Greece, there might be a devaluing of the euro????

Possibly a small factor in the NBL getting a good run with imports lately?

Reply #535911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting theory Haz, I recall Kickert coming over because of the war in Ukrain and let's face it Europe is a bit of a melting pot. Could be a factor, I know if I was a player and I had a choice and the money was close I would much rather play here!

Reply #535913 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Euro is down against the USD, but so is the Australian dollar. Maybe there's a negative perception for the future of Europe that could put them off though.

I know someone who works for a French research organisation, getting paid in Euros but working in the US. Euro took a dive and they've essentially taken a 25% pay cut for the same work. And doesn't live in a cheap part of the US either. Locked in with a multi-year contract - very rough!

Reply #535921 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I don't want to hear one more word about the "poor" Taipans not spending to the cap, because it's rubbish.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that the club wants to put out a perception of "poor me" - when the reality is far removed from that, when it comes to money being spent on its roster.

Reply #535923 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The money being paid in Europe has been on the decline for some time, hence why the talent in the NBL has been at a very high level the last 2-3 years and will be again next season, perhaps even up again.

Reply #535943 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

You off the meds mate? Who said "poor" Taipans in this thread?

Reply #535945 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Yeah baby.

Loving this NBL season already!!

Reply #535958 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Im not sure about poor me Taipans but we are looking at a club that has broken even to making profit the past couple of seasons, they are a success story for the NBL when they should have been gone and basically black listed as a region for another team (might sound cruel but not everyone is happy to trust small market clubs with great talent.

Still loving the look of the Cairns team and they just need a back up shooting guard and they have a full squad ?

Well done to Scottie for signing and we all look forward to seeing his game develop to new heights

Reply #535966 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:58 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754