Anonz
Years ago

Spurs get DWest

So San Antonio now also get David West to back up LMA and Duncan. They got him for Vet minimum as well, so he is clearly chasing a ring.

Ginobili has also come out and said that he will be playing this season.

This is a strong squad.

Topic #37429 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He left $11m on the table so yeah def playing for a championship

Reply #536239 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wow. Spurs not interested in fading into the sunset!

Reply #536240 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Manu signed on the other day for two years, under six million.

West was quoted previously talking about how it wasn't his style to chase a ring!

Reply #536254 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Spurs continue to find new ways to impress

Reply #536276 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah, unfortunately for veteran players it's a lose-lose situation.

Take big money and be called greedy and self-centered and not committed to helping your team have $ to get other players to win a banner.

Take a massive pay cut (an $11m pay cut!) and people will say they are chasing rings.

Reply #536288 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If I was earning a seven figure salary I wouldn't care how I was labelled in the media, good for the Spurs in getting another piece of their puzzle...

Reply #536293 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Chasing a ring shouldn't be seen as a bad thing for veterans whose careers are winding down and having played most of their careers on non-contending teams.

Its not like they're being unloyal just because the team they currently play for is in a rebuilding stage.

Reply #536363 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:42 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754