Isaac
Years ago

Hawks keep Larry Davidson

No real surprise, but Bevo has brought back Larry Davidson for his ninth season for the Hawks.

Head Coach Rob Beveridge, who has coached Davidson previously in his development years said Larry's versatility to play either the 4 or 5 spot combined with his ability to stretch the floor with his great perimeter shooting, made him a vital component to the Hawks roster.

"Larry is very loyal and devoted person to The Illawarra Hawks and we are very pleased that he has resigned with us. He has a very good basketball IQ and has a very high basketball skill set. His ability to play inside and shoot the 3 point shot is going to be an integral part for our team" said Beveridge.
Full announcement

Topic #37433 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hopefully he can find his best form under Bevo.

Reply #536326 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I think playing a back up roll will help in managing Larry's injuries. The interesting thing to me is how or will Bevo play Larry and AJ together.

AJ was never surrounded by decent shooters at the Kings. In fact apart from Madgen wasn't he surround by poor shooters.

On the other hand the Hawks have had some great shooters in recent times but nothing able to punish people inside or rebound a few missed shots and now they have with AJ.

Reply #536341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who will their next signing be I wonder?

Reply #536350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean what position will they go for next?

Reply #536351 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

FSTOS

I think that Bevo will start with Foreman and AJ and Davidson coming off the bench to play the 4/5, maybe play 20-25 mins.

Reply #536567 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Will definitely be interesting to see how much Bevo uses AJ and Larry together. Davidson brought the best out of Trigger and could do likewise for Ogilvy.

Reply #536589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754