new order
Years ago

now is the time for new stadiums in SA

government is looking for employment stimulus suggestions. Now is the time for clubs / BSA to be talking with local MPs / Govt re new stadiums. Unemployment up and people hanging out for work. Stadiums return some revenue and sporting facilities are relished. Employs people from tradies to canteen staff and quality stadiums can attract tournaments / new participants.
St Clair, Port, Hillcrest, Marion - now is the time to put your case forward. Look at the great things happening at Campbelltown.

Topic #37451 | Report this topic

Matthew  
Years ago

Are you kidding? Stadiums are not huge employers after being built (Yes they get a large number of people in to work on them as they are being built) but after the fact, they generally have a 3rd party contractor take over the running of them who employ staff and even then its not a huge amount of staff.

Reply #536772 | Report this post

new order  
Years ago

talking about the building of them mainly

Reply #536774 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

new order. This subject has been rehashed and rehashed ad infinitum. Everyone involved with basketb all in SA AGREES that new stadiums are needed. The stadiums named are a disgrace and not of a standard to play junior basketball in and yet the senior competition in this state is forced to endure these facilities. The question is "who will fund new stadiums". As Matthew stated above basketball stadiums are not a big money spinner, unless they become a multi use venue which can attract competitions both day and night. The new stadium at Marion seems to have either been cancelled or adjourned for the moment. BSA don't have the finances to build stadiums and seem intent on getting as much money out of the current stadiums and participants without putting anything back (look again at Hillcrest, Marion, St Clair, Port Adelaide). The problem IMO is that not enough people play basketball in SA to justify funding (in the eyes of BSA or the SA Government) of new stadiums, compared to the number playing basketball in Victoria, where huge stadiums such as Dandenong (which is also a multi sport/purpose venue) can exist. I have been involved with basketball in SA for most of my life, and have had to endure these sub standard venues for that time, but , alas I fear that nothing will change in my lifetime. Maybe there is a fairy godmother or godfather out there who will provide funding, but that would also seem to be a pipe dream.

Reply #536778 | Report this post

new order  
Years ago

good on norwood I say

Reply #536811 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Good on Norwood for going alone and getting things done

If we wait for BSA ,the only thing they will celebrate is 100 years at Marion and Hillcrest!!!

Rudd money gone and BSA missed it

We won't see any new stadiums for a long time a real long time.

Geez, we can't get them all with the correct line markings to FIBA rules !!

Good luck

Reply #536870 | Report this post

Cherry Picker  
Years ago

Clubs need to recruit kids that parents are federal mp's.

Reply #536895 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754