Anonymous
Years ago

Semi-Final predictions

With the semi-finals being played this weekend, and being do or die for some teams - what are peoples predictions? What will some teams have to do to come out with the illustrious 'W' (apart from score more than the opposition!!)?
My thoughts are:
South vs Sturt (Women) - South to win by 10
North vs Forestville (Women) - North to win by 5
Sturt vs Eastern (Men) - Eastern to win by 4 in OT
Forestville vs Woodville - Forestville to win by 12

Topic #3746 | Report this topic

gertrude  
Years ago

sturt by 3
north by 17
eastern by 7
forestville by 9

Reply #43573 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

Panther Women by 5,
Eagles Women by 5,
Mavericks by 12,
Eagles Men by 2 with a buzzer beater triple from Dix.

Reply #43579 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sturt women by 12,
Forestville women by 6,
Sturt men by 8,
Forestville men by 4.

Reply #43582 | Report this post

my thought  
Years ago

Isaac, is that a biased opinion with your prediction of Sturt taking out both Mens & Womens games?? I think Sturt Men will be hard pressed to beat the Mighty Mavericks and Sturt women will have it tough @ Marion, seeing as South seem to have the wood over them beating them twice in the regular season.
P.S I started this discussion but forgot to write my name

Reply #43592 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe hopeful rather than biased. Sturt women lost at Pasadena by 3, but played terribly. Then they lost by 3 again at Marion. Neither are huge margins and I think the Sabres are a chance.

In the men's game, Sturt won by 13 at home earlier in the year despite a terrible shooting game from Darren. Then at Mt Barker, they won by 10 playing without Gower or Potsie. In that game, Oscar had 21 and 15 and Darren only 23. I think Darren is in good form and Potsie and Gower should be able to cover Oscar's stats between them.

Both games could go either way, but I don't think the Sturt men are that long a shot to make it a contest. They were definitely under their best against Woodville and I believe they could have won that game (got it within 5 in the last couple of minutes despite still being pretty terrible on offense inside). Like I said, I'm hopeful, but I don't think I'm being too unrealistic.

Reply #43593 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

sturt women by 10
north women by 15
eastern men by 13
woodville men by 4

Reply #43699 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

south by 7
north by 10
eastern by 5
forsestville by 6

south should winit in a tough one at marion.
North will have to munch depth against forestville.
Easter will win this in a struggle. Brad bungey is a great player for them
Forestville only beat woodvile by1 point last time they met and this shoud be another great game. I think forestiville wil be a bit more desperate for the win. But watch out KB's boys are not to be under estimated,if woodville win theyll be tough and probably will play forestville in the grand final.

Reply #43701 | Report this post

passback  
Years ago

south women by 4
north women by 1
eastern men by 10
woodville men by 1

go the green train

Reply #43705 | Report this post

the lanky  
Years ago

i hate to tell you, but the sturt aba team is going to kick ass this year. with adam benson getting better and playing more minutes he will wipe the floor with any of the opposition. so sturt mens will kill eastern and go on to beat woodville

Reply #43768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if he is so good, why isn't he at Pt Lincoln with Eastern's Madgen and Bungey?

Reply #43787 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you've been trolled. As they say: "YHBT HAND".

Reply #43788 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

eastern will beat sturt ok.

Last year you could plan who you had to stop, Jacop Holmes, and Brad Davis respectively. The 2005 squad have good depth and do not have a main scorer. Eastern will be tough play against defensively.

Reply #43891 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754