Cram
Years ago

Clippers add Josh Smith

Clippers have added some depth. This off season they've now added Paul Pierce, Lance Stephenson, Josh Smith, Cole Aldrich, Wes Johnson and Josh Smith and lost only Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes. They're now legit deep.

Obviously Warriors and Spurs are gonna be hard to beat, but the Clippers are going to be up there with them.

All of a sudden the Rockets are looking in trouble.

Topic #37488 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

Josh Smith is so nice you gotta mention him twice.

Reply #537507 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Haha, oops.

Seriously, compared to their bench last season, having Josh Smith may as well be two players.

Reply #537514 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Still don't have anywhere near enough shooting.

Reply #537515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul pierce, redick, crawford, Chris Paul started knocking down 3s at a 2k level, we'd Johnson shoots 40+% from 3. They're fine

Reply #537521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crawford will get traded

Reply #537585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See I disagree now smiths here. We're only going to trade him to upgrade a big man. Now we've done that he can stay. Prior to smith signing I had no problems with him leaving

Reply #537586 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I thought Crawford had signed in Miami? Or was that just a rumour?

Reply #537589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a rumour. Miami do want him I believe and have talked to the clippers but he's contracted so would need to be traded.

Reply #537600 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

How many basketballs are they playing with???
They have a lot of guys who like having the ball in their hands so it will be interesting to see how it works out.
Plus they have a few crazy dudes so I hope Doc and his kin can keep them all happy. Lance, Smith, DJ

Also what is their big man depth like?
If Aldridge and Davis are their best backup bigs they are an injury away from big issues. I guess they could play small ball with Smith and Griffin at the 2 big spots, run and gun baby.

Reply #537611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs have Aldridge, not sure what you're on about there. Aldrich? He's not actually that bad. Smith can defend very well when he wants to. Don't think glen Davis will be back because they have Brandon Dawson.

I think lance will have a good season, Doc and CP will get him in line pretty quick. Wouldn't be worried about DJ, give him a few extra possessions each game and he'll stay happy.

If doc could get garnett, pierce and Allen to work together he can find enough shots for everyone here

Reply #537612 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I'd say Smith gets the bulk of the backup minutes at the PF and C spots, with Aldrich playing more when they come up against bigger teams. If they re-sign big baby he's a good option as the third big off the bench.

Reply #537615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh smith has never played centre in his life I'd be willing to be, and would put my house on it he's never done it in the NBA. Aldrich will get plenty of playing time. JSmoove will also have to play power forward exclusively because doc doesn't play rookies (Brandon Dawson) and Detroit paid him $26 million to stop being their small forward.

Reply #537638 | Report this post

#586 is Donald Sterling.

Reply #537644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ^

Reply #537647 | Report this post

Murray Magpie  
Years ago

They're still the clippers.

1st rd exit

Reply #537652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But we actually have a respectable bench this year, not a ridiculously overpaid 7 foot tall trashcan and a bunch of minimum contracts. I'm not stupid we will struggle against teams like golden state and the Spurs but we can definitely challenge for conference finals i think.

The fact Doc has managed to put this team together after having absolutely no cap room and tradeable players is incredible

Reply #537654 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Josh Smith played the 5 a tonne for the Rockets. Someone clearly doesn't watch much NBA.

They regularly played a lineup of:

Jet
Harden
Trevor Ariza
Corey Brewer
Josh Smith

especially in the playoffs.

Reply #537707 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

"If doc could get garnett, pierce and Allen to work together he can find enough shots for everyone here"

When is this forum going to ban anonymous posters.

Reply #537708 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

haha i misread above, assumed an insinuation that doc had signed garnett.

When is this forum going to ban ME?

Reply #537709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This team will have as many head cases as the famous jail blazers of the rasheed and bonzi days.
If the pistons improved dramatically when he was paid out does this mean Houston are now the favorites to win it all???

Reply #537838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This team will have as many head cases as the famous jail blazers of the rasheed and bonzi days.
If the pistons improved dramatically when he was paid out does this mean Houston are now the favorites to win it all???

Reply #537839 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Few teams have legit backup centres. Most guy with a bit of small ball with that second group and that's who Smith would be matched up with when he plays the C. Its not like he's gonna be going against Dwight Howard or Tim Duncan in there. At the times when they do need more size, Aldrich will simply play more.

Reply #537897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754