Anonymous
Years ago

Job Ad for new NBL refs boss

Job Ad for new ref boss of NBL. Looks like Mal Cooper on the OUT!

http://www.seek.com.au/job/29087261?pos=1&type=standard

Topic #37492 | Report this topic

proud  
Years ago

That's surprising as I would have expected Billy Mildenhall would step up into that role if Hollywood stepped down

Who do we want in the position?

Somebody continuing the same rules we have seen under the old regime or more NBA style play or something more similar to the rugby we had a few years ago?

Reply #537679 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Scott Butler could be a candidate? He's got a good understanding of the game.

Reply #537694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with the role has been security. Not sure some of our ex-NBL referees (Mildenhall included) would give up their long term employment situations for a role that you could be 1 and done.

Reply #537705 | Report this post

Let's be honest  
Years ago

You also have to be based out of Melbourne I understand, which will also limit those who will apply as uprooting to Melbourne for what could be 6months would not suit some.

Reply #537714 | Report this post

Move on  
Years ago

My understanding is Mal has not moved on, but instead not wanted by the league who want better

Reply #537722 | Report this post

Nike  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see what budget the NBL has set aside for the position... And will this then impact on the referee budget...?

Reply #537757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754