PlaymakerMo
Years ago

Houston Rockets Trade for Ty Lawson

Houston receives: Ty Lawson.

Denver receives: non-guaranteed contract of forward Kostas Papanikolaou and the partially guaranteed contract of veteran guard Pablo Prigioni along with Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson and the future first-round pick.

From a talent perspective, Houston got him for practically nothing. Take into account Lawson's multiple (and recent) DUIs and evaluating the trade becomes a lot more difficult. Nontheless, it's certainly worth the risk on for Houston.

Given George Karl's fascination with Lawson (and Faried) and Divac's incompetency as a GM, however, I dare say the Nuggets could've extracted more value from the Kings than they did from this trade.

Topic #37513 | Report this topic

Baller6  
Years ago

Very underated move here if he gets his offcourt back on track.

Reply #537933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Papanikolaou, Nick Johnson and a future first isn't too bad from a Denver point of you though. Not really nothing. Potentially great trade for Houston though.

Reply #537935 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah really good move. There's been plenty of guys with worse off court troubles who have got their stuff together so hopefully he can too.

I reckon they'd be best starting him on the bench so him and harden don't step on each others toes too much.

Lawson controlling that second group with Brewer, McDaniels, Thornton and Jones/D-Mo could be fun to watch. This team has some serious depth now.

Reply #537936 | Report this post

Anonz  
Years ago

Both Detroit and Sacramento were also pursuing him, and it will be interesting to see how long it takes Harden to thump him in the locker room.

There's not much perimeter defense from Ty, so don't think Beverley will lose his starting spot. Makes them deeper though.

Good move for the Nuggets though, opens up minutes for Mudiay and Erick Green.

Reply #537966 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Nick Johnson will be a good rotation player pretty soon too I think.

Reply #537967 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

As a Rockets fan I really like this move despite the obvious off the court issues which by all reports he is dealing with.

If he gets his head on straight the guy is a lethal scorer and a amazing playmaker. He averaged 15 and 9.6 assists this past season with all the issues he was dealing with. On a team with talent laden team like the Rockets he can thrive.

Reply #547199 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754